No Longer Home

edited in Projects

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey everyone! Here's a new game I'm currently working on called "No Longer Home".

- No Longer Home is a post-apocalyptic survival cosmic horror game with puzzle and platforming mechanics.

- You'll control 3 members of a family, each with their own unique skills, as you survive through mutated humans, bandit survivors and mysterious invading aliens in a world that is no longer our home.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Join the community!

https://discord.gg/jeuUuDs

https://www.facebook.com/No-Longer-Home-104073294619370/?modal=admin_todo_tour

Comments

• edited
    Here's some current progress with the game. Would dig to here your feedback!

Basic movement, aiming, walking, running and crouching.

Rooms fade in and out when you enter and exit them to play into the horror and unease of the game. Also light switches.

Basic melee attack when you pickup a plank and equip it.

Basic shooting. The enemy currently has no movement but can read collision. It knows if it has been shot in the head or the body. Head-shots do more damage.

Players can move boxes for platforming puzzles and can also use them as cover to avoid enemies.

Players are able to mount and dismount ledges to reach higher places.
    Thanked by 2konman Lesedi_Mosadi
  • I love this type of aiming mechanic. Remember playing a Jam game a while back that had something similar, where you had to hold in a key that stopped you from moving but then allows you to aim. Is this the same in your game? If so, that's cool, cause it allows for some cool tense shoot outs, where you have to decide whether to move or shoot. That said the mechanic will only work if the enemy AI is pulled off well. Also really like the hanging from Ledges mechanic. That could give levels much more vertical design space (climb to top of building etc, or even as a means to get to hidden areas). I take it the walking and moving while crouching animations is still to be done. The fade in/out is also cool, as well as the light switches, both of which can lead to nice jump scare moment. The HUD also looks neat and clear. This looks promising.
    Thanked by 1iamdavidnight
  • Thanks for the feedback @FanieG!
    Unfortunately there aren't any special game play features at the moment. Just building a basic set of interactions and controls library.
    So you aim with the mouse or with the right stick on your controller.
    Animation will come at a later stage. Just getting the game-play done before making the game look pretty.
  • Uploaded my first devlog of No Longer Home! Which should give you a better idea of what I'm working on.

Check it out here!

• Nice job dude. Looking forward to more :)
  • The screenshots look super promising! Well done dude keep it up!
  • edited
    Looking awesome man! Keep up the good work! You discord link expired, please update so that I can join :)
  • edited
    Thanks @nikrich! I've created a permanent link. See my first post above.

Haven't done a discord channel before so took a few cues from you guys.
    Thanked by 1nikrich
  • Looking cool. I like how the zombie eyes glow in the dark :O

Created some concepts and scripts for an outside environment.