Viscera Cleanup Detail

Comments

• Actually, we're already there. Santa's Rampage was on Steam in December and it was quite something. Even before that, VCD was making life changing (for us) moves just sold through the Humble Widget.
    You guys must be killing our numbers by now :) Awesome!
    AND IT'S NOT EVEN FINISHED YET.
    DD was doing that for 2 years before we finally released it. That was pretty friggin weird.

• Ben “Yahtzee” Croshaw plays Viscera!
    Thanked by 1ShadowBlade
  • Thanks @Fengol!

Had a small impact on sales too when it hit, I see *nod*
  • So! We've been kinda quiet in this thread for too long. Luckily, we bring word that VCD has just left Early Access!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/246900

And here are some moving pictures!

May have more words later, but right now; frazzled, zombified, busy. ;)
  • Awesome!!! Hope the launch is going smoothly (or as smoothly as these things can go).

It's taken us a few days to get out of our "frazzled, zombified, busy" state. Hope you recover even quicker!

And congratulations! I'm looking forward to more games from you and your team soon!!!
    Thanked by 1ShadowBlade
  • Thanks man! :)

Will recover gradually. On a deadline to get some Halloween stuff done as well, so no rest yet :P
    Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood
  • @ShadowBlade: Hey, huge congrats on the launch! Moving out of EA is always harrowing, I hope that you can all take a break soon.

Just a couple of words about that trailer you posted...
    -It's too wordy. I understand you're trying to get some setting/tone stuff across, but it's a lot to read and it's got spelling errors (grisly, not grizzly <- that's the bear). I feel like some simple text would get your neatness across faster.
    -The music switching feels odd. Probably because you're switching between what feels like only 2 tracks... I think you're going for humor vs serious? Maybe just keep the same track playing and pick a moment to go to the funny mode.
    -You only bring in the "Space Janitor simulator" line really late with the logo. That's a really strong hook, you should bring it into the mix earlier. Maybe even when you switch from walking around the environments to mopping.
    -Play up the mopping/cleaning a bit more? The fixing stuff looks rad, I didn't know that was in the game, so the trailer's working, it just doesn't feel like you're making maximum use of the potential setup from serious to funny there... If the character put on gloves and grabbed a mop, then you showed the "Space Janitor simulator" line...

So yeah, the trailer feels like it could sell the game better. I dunno how hard you're launching it at the moment, how much press you're sending out, etc. Trailers are a big part of Steam click-throughs, always worth polishing them - when we did the new DD trailer, it made a noticeable difference just because we were communicating the game better.
    Thanked by 1ShadowBlade
  • @dislekcia: Thanks, and word. I hear what you're saying, and yeah, mostly agree.
    Reckon I might have left it too late, and didn't have enough time to iterate on it as much as it deserved. Might see about recutting aspects before a press-push during the week. I'm also just not as great at video editing yet either :P The time it takes to upload (both to YT and Steam) meant I had to set aside at least a day for that.
    Thanks again for the feedback; appreciated!
  • @ShadowBlade: Don't worry, I know all about how hard video editing is... We gave up and got professionals involved in the end. Was totally worth it, even though our first trailers weren't converting amazingly, they were still a lot better than we'd have been able to do on our own.

Remember, marketing your game isn't a thing that you have to do all at once, it's a long-term thing. Learning what works for any one specific game over time is pretty much a given.
  • Congrats guys!
    Thanked by 1ShadowBlade
  • Hey! We saw a trailer for this randomly when we were looking for "non combat co-op " games for a LAN and was super keen to get it, didn't know it was you guys! Awesome!
    Thanked by 1ShadowBlade
  • I came across this the other day looking at the MGSA Steam list. Such an awesome idea, and looks very well executed. Congrats!
    Thanked by 1ShadowBlade
  • Huge congrats guys!
    Thanked by 1ShadowBlade
  • Whoa, you guys seem to be doing super well! Freaking A! Congratulations!
    Thanked by 1ShadowBlade
  • Thanks everyone! :)