[#PROTOSHI] 2 ADVANCED - CloudWorks

Hey all,

I jammed with friends on something for this week's entry. I've been wanting to experiment with deck building mechanics for a while and this is my first stab at that.

https://ashashza.itch.io/protoshiweek2

You play as a fireworks artisan, building up your collection of works, to try stop a cloud bombardment.

Controls
Press and drag upwards to draw path.
Release to launch your firework.

Musing
There's a lot that feels very rough to me in this entry but I'm keen to explore the deck building stuff further and try find ways to make card selection & play more emergent.

I would love any and all feedback if you give this a try.

Credits
Rolf Gustavson - Audio, Design
Caruy Chen - Art, Design
Me - Code, Design
Thanked by 2francoisvn VMASTER

Comments

• edited
    Great job guys! It looks really juicy!
  • Awesome guys, interesting game.
  • @Pierre, @iamdavidnight thanks.

Would be interested to know if you were compelled enough to get to the end? I'm curious about balance / challenge tradeoff.
  • Hi ashashza
    I would like to keep my comments in reserve for now.
    Once the 4 challenges are over and the judging is done, I will give feedback in more detail.
    But the others are more than welcome to share their thoughts and feedback.
    Thanked by 1ashashza
  • I really like this. Feel like I'll enjoy it more on my phone since I'm guessing it was designed for the mobile platform. Like the art style, the concept and the ability to use different types of fireworks to perform different clearing effects. Well done!
    Thanked by 1ashashza
  • Would be interested to know if you were compelled enough to get to the end? I'm curious about balance / challenge tradeoff.
    I wasn't sure there was an end. Thought it was a mobile like game with a score.
    But if you fleshed out the concept a bit more, I'm sure you could make it more clear. :)
    Thanked by 1ashashza
  • @iamdavidnight Haha... that's not a good sign! Could definitely add some indicator to show progress during the level.

At some point the clouds cease spawning and it's clear that the end is nigh... but as a new player there's no way to know that.

Thanks for playing.
    Thanked by 1iamdavidnight