Short term contract HTML5 game developer wanted...needed...please help

Greetings Earthling!

We have a concept for a game and we need to create a prototype for.

It is a turn based strategy game. Similar to the mechanics of chess where each player will move a unit during each turn.
The game does not require 'live' multiplayer features. It will post and receive info at intervals of around 5 seconds at a time.

The developer will need to know some basic concepts of pathfinding, and vector collisions and be able to post and receive json object data, but unless we am totally off the mark. It wont get much more complicated than that.

Graphics and sounds will be supplied, although at first they may be shite. (the designer tries, but is really quite hopeless...if you are a designer/illustrator/artist that is reading this, please keep checking this board to see when we will need you to make something none-hideous for us)

We will do the server side stuff ups I mean coding.

We are based in Cape Town and I can meet up for a coffee or a beer (both really) if the potential dev needs more info before they agree to get involved. Or I can send you the overall brief over email.

Remuneration: Yes...but can we chat about this after you have heard the brief. You have an hourly rate, we have a fund but I am careful not to go down the road of paying someone to learn a language/methods of doing stuff (Yes Mitch, I mean you, you know what you did!!!)

I hate that guy!

Thanks for your time in reading this human! Be well.

Kind regards
A fellow human, definitely not a visitor from another galaxy gathering information on human tactical defence patterns through a simulation game. To aid in the inevitable conquest of your puny blue rock.

Comments

• Side note: the public bad mouthing of your ex (or current?!) team mates comes across as a bad reflection on you. Personally I would be worried to work with you for fear that you'll do the same to me at some point down the line.
  • Side note: the public bad mouthing of your ex (or current?!) team mates comes across as a bad reflection on you. Personally I would be worried to work with you for fear that you'll do the same to me at some point down the line.
    Side side note: It was an attempt at humour. Did you see the pacing and tone of the rest of the post? The 'people' that I bad mouthed do not actually exist. Nor am I actually an alien attempting to get information on earth for my invasion plan...or am I?

Now since you decided to give me your opinion of me, I will give you my opinion of you:
    Your rush to defend inferior work and the peoples feelings make me think that you are not confident of your own standard of work and fear that someone might notice and validate your failings. By attempting to moderate and censor negative commentary on poor performance you hope that your shortcomings will remain hidden until your grow in capability and confidence. (I dont actually think any of these things, I am just pointing out how valueless and hurtful your comment may have been to someone who does not appreciate a bit of humour). Your little rant up there will be viewed by potential candidates who might have wanted to be involved in this project and you have poisoned the well. Thanks man, you rushed to defend someone that does not exists and harmed my chances of getting help on this forum - earthling defence strategies are more robust (badly thought out, but robust) than I anticipated. My current team is capable and talented - but alas, not suited to this project as their time is occupied on the day job. They have managed to perform above my expectations for years despite my humour.

Lighten up fella, those frowns will cause wrinkles.

• Side side note: It was an attempt at humour. Did you see the pacing and tone of the rest of the post? The 'people' that I bad mouthed do not actually exist. Nor am I actually an alien attempting to get information on earth for my invasion plan...or am I?

Now since you decided to give me your opinion of me, I will give you my opinion of you:
    Your rush to defend inferior work and the peoples feelings make me think that you are not confident of your own standard of work and fear that someone might notice and validate your failings. By attempting to moderate and censor negative commentary on poor performance you hope that your shortcomings will remain hidden until your grow in capability and confidence. (I dont actually think any of these things, I am just pointing out how valueless and hurtful your comment may have been to someone who does not appreciate a bit of humour). Your little rant up there will be viewed by potential candidates who might have wanted to be involved in this project and you have poisoned the well. Thanks man, you rushed to defend someone that does not exists and harmed my chances of getting help on this forum - earthling defence strategies are more robust (badly thought out, but robust) than I anticipated. My current team is capable and talented - but alas, not suited to this project as their time is occupied on the day job. They have managed to perform above my expectations for years despite my humour.

Lighten up fella, those frowns will cause wrinkles.

(In case you want to dig yourself just a little deeper)

*this is also humour, please don't spend your time on another paragraph