No Home of Mine - Cosmic Horror Survival

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Did a bit of a re-brand as "No Longer Home" is another indie game currently being developed. Moderators on this site are free to delete my previous, "No Longer Home" discussion.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey everyone! Here's a new game I'm currently working on called "No Home of Mine".

- No Home of Mine is a cosmic horror survival game with puzzle and platforming mechanics.

- You'll control 3 members of a family, each with their own unique skills, as you survive through mutated humans, bandit survivors and mysterious invading aliens in a world that is no longer our home.

Join in on the journey with our discord channel!
---> https://discord.gg/6JNYxXf

Comments

• VISUAL UPDATE:

- Created a new character design and animations for movement and moving/mounting boxes/climbing ladders, etc..

- Introducing the humanoid Harvester creature that will hunt you throughout a level.
    - Harvesters is the name given to mutated humans, mutated from the alien virus, with the sole purpose to consume all other, non-mutated biomass. So anything goes for them. Humans, animals, plants

- You will be able to hide from enemies in lockers or behind boxes.
    - If a harvester starts its chase sequence, closed doors wont keep you safe. The creature will break the doors to get to you.
    - Also hiding behind boxes won't always be safe as the creatures can climb onto them while idling.
    - A final shot to the creatures head will blow it off which means you know its dead. An un-headless harvester may not be dead.

Join in on the journey with our discord channel! ---> https://discord.gg/6JNYxXf
    Thanked by 3watson Jay Denzil
  • Looks amazing. Hope to see more of this.
    Thanked by 1iamdavidnight
  • @iamdavidnight that thing that runs at you in the last gif is scary AF. Nice sense of speed and danger. Looking good
    Thanked by 1iamdavidnight
  • Thanks @SoulXP and @FanieG!

I did a bit of research on what makes a monster terrifying and it basically comes down to an erratic behavior where the entity's wants are unknown.

So this enemy doesn't follow a scripted path. It uses a lot of randoms at points to make it's decision.
    If it's not hungry it will stay in it's room and sometimes hide. If it's hungry it'll start actively searching for food and jump into vents to look in other rooms so you might think your safe but you can never be sure.
  • Not sure if you are still working on "No Longer Home" but personally I would focus my attention on this.
    So much improvement don't really know where to start. Love the character and the minimal UI!

Well done, looking forward to seeing more.