Made a Pixel Art 2D MMORPG - Officially Available!

edited in Projects
Trailer:

Hello everyone, I've been working on this game with a good friend of mine and we are getting ready to reveal it to the world and have our servers finally be put to the test! The game is a Pixel Art MMORPG inspired by games like Runescape and early Ultima.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/CVDFAv4

We have a discord where all our players have discussions about the game and are currently beta testing with us, anyone who joins the discord can request a Steam Key from me to try out the Beta (Discord just makes reporting any bugs found during beta easier). Please let me know what you guys think and how you find the game.

Steam Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1259000/Damascus/

Comments

• @atomicdomb looks pretty rad man! Goodluck with the release
  • Can I ask what you built it in?
  • @nikrich Thanks so much!!

@Fengol the whole game has been made in Unity, we created the server stuff from scratch using simple TCP communication over certain ports all encrypted with Diffie Hellman key exchange to prevent packet sniffing and such.
    Thanked by 1nikrich
  • We have officially launched! What an amazing launch this has been, we got into new and trending for Free to Play on steam for a while which was just amazing! In the first week we've already had 11700 downloads! We are also averaging 50+ concurrents and recently broke a personal record for 81 concurrent players!

Thanks to the community for helping and supporting! The game is free to play on steam, come and see what it's all about :)

Damascus Dragon.png
    512 x 512 - 9K
    Thanked by 2konman Lesedi_Mosadi
  • Congratulations on the launch! Getting almost 12K downloads and 50 plus concurrent players as a start is very, very impressive. I really like the fact you are going commando on the netcode stuff. Just goes to show, you don't need the latest and greatest tools to make something that just works. Just make something any way possible is the right place to be, always. Very inspiring and thanks for sharing your story with us.