Viking INC - Black OPS Reborn DEMO

Hey Guys and Girls

I hope you are all okay and safe. Decided to drop a free demo of the game. It's still available on the Kartridge site but im trying to get extra upolad space approved on itch. you can checkout the demo here:

gubwe.itch.io/viking-inc-black-ops-reborn
(donations welcome :DD )

and also here:

gamejolt.com/games/vikingdemo/483450

Stay blessed

Comments

• edited
    Pretty cool effort here Gubwe.
    - Dig the style of the game. Reminds me of old school war games.
    - Blood effects look cool.
    - Was intrigued by the people locked up in what looked like VR text tubes.

I have some tester bug fixes if you'd like to hear them?
  • Pretty cool effort here Gubwe.
    - Dig the style of the game. Reminds me of old school war games.
    - Blood effects look cool.
    - Was intrigued by the people locked up in what looked like VR text tubes.

I have some tester bug fixes if you'd like to hear them?
    hie
    thanks for playing the demo. ofcourse im interested in hearing them please do share.

• @Gubwe

Cool cool!

So some things I found that you could fix up: Not to put your effort down. More to help push it forward towards an epic product.
    I'm wearing the tester, Quality Assurance (QA), hat right now.

- Start Menu is hard to see. White on white. You could add a dark backdrop behind it or make the buttons darker.
    - Same with load screen.
    - There's a text issue in the opening intro sequence. Two words are together.
    - I turned the music down but the intro cut-scene music seemed to disregard my choice.
    - The guy punched me into the wall and now I can't move anymore. Had to reset.
    - You could use a different particle for the dust instead of a solid circle. The free unity particle pack has a few cool ones.
    - There's some edge glitching between models on the wall in the starting room
    --- I can see past the walls into a empty blue area. You could add a bigger collider on the camera to fix this. (I'm guessing that's how you're working it)
    - I'd like to be able to change my controls in game. Tab and right shift are a bit weird for an FPS for me.
    - First time I went out of the prison cell the game reloaded back in the cell with a save trigger. Not sure if that was intentional.
    - I'd like to be able to speed up text prompts in cut scenes. Myself and a bunch of people aren't fans of reading in games anymore unfortunately.
    - I died at the first gun enemy cause I didn't know I had a gun and thought I could punch him lol.
    - It's a pain to have to watch the cut scenes again if I die.
    - Enemies can be bit bullet spongey. Unless that's what you were going for then it's chilled.
    - I struggled to get onto areas / up stairs with the shield equiped. It's like a wall was stopping movement. I had to pull back and then walk over it again.

That's I've got so far. What my friend played it and he bumped into some other fixes.
    But it's just a fact of getting regular feedback from players.

Let me know when you upload a new build. Good luck!