[#PROTOSHI] 1 ADVANCED - Brave Bomb

Game Page:

https://iamdavidnight.itch.io/brave-bomb
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Complete!!! ]

- Drop a screenshot of your high score below. See if you can beat me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brave Bomb is a twitch reflex speed game where you must collect the heart in 5 seconds or you'll blow up!

MAY THE GODS OF RNG BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR.

Controls :
​Move - WASD
​Dash - ​SPACE BAR
Pause - ENTER / ESC

Game play:
​Collect the heart before the timer runs out to survive. Avoid obstacles as you run for your goal.

Notice:
Some browsers may not be able to run the game. Please try out another browser if this is the case.

Made for the 2020 PROTOSHI prototyping competition. ( Game 1- ADVANCED )
Designed by iamdavidnight

Screen shots:

Thanked by 2Pierre Elyaradine

Comments

- Post a screen shot if you can beat my score!
  • Arrow keys please.
  • This is very cool game, has very nice Art style and the sound effects help to create a seamless effect. My Current Highscore is 6, I'm halfway to getting double digits XD. The RNG and placement of obstacles are a bit punishing, however when it isn't just spikes touching each other and blocking shortest route, it is a fast paced, quick thinking, puzzle game.
    I enjoyed it very much!
    Thanked by 1iamdavidnight
  • watman said:
    Arrow keys please.
    Will see if I can add them in tomorrow with some additional minor adjustments.
    For some reason the arrow keys are stopping your character from dashing so just have to see whats going on there.
    Thanked by 1watman
  • hehe. Got it. :}
    Gotit.jpg
    1680 x 1010 - 396K
  • VMASTER said:
    This is very cool game, has very nice Art style and the sound effects help to create a seamless effect. My Current Highscore is 6, I'm halfway to getting double digits XD. The RNG and placement of obstacles are a bit punishing, however when it isn't just spikes touching each other and blocking shortest route, it is a fast paced, quick thinking, puzzle game.
    I enjoyed it very much!
    Thanks VMaster! I aimed for a punishing gauntlet to really amp up the tension in each level. Although there is currently a 5% chance of RNG placement of obstacles giving a no win scenario.
    Thanked by 1VMASTER
  • Pierre said:
    hehe. Got it. :}
    Hehe! Awesome Pierre! I'm surprised you got it so quickly. Well done!
  • watman said:
    Arrow keys please.
    Will see if I can add them in tomorrow with some additional minor adjustments.
    For some reason the arrow keys are stopping your character from dashing so just have to see whats going on there.

Didn't have enough time to figure this out in the short time I had free today. Sorry Watman.
  • I understand. If you take this further (it was quite fun but with WASD I'm playing at a disadvantage) then please!
  • watman said:
    I understand. If you take this further (it was quite fun but with WASD I'm playing at a disadvantage) then please!
    Is it a left hand vs. Right hand issue? You could try switching hands? Just thinking out loud?

• watman said:
    I understand. If you take this further (it was quite fun but with WASD I'm playing at a disadvantage) then please!
    Its great feedback thanks! If I continue with it for sure. We'll after these next 3 games.
  • edited
    With all submissions complete, I can deliver my comments now.
    Winners of the competition will be announced on the 5th of May.

This is the best out of all your submissions.
    It is clear that you had a very defined and clear scope which yielded a very complete product.
    The elements that stood out the most is the Level of completion, the Theme and "FUNNESS"
    Thanks for all of your hard work and participation!
  • Thanks Pierre! This was a fun event. :) Shots for organizing and bringing us all together.