[#PROTOSHI] 4 ADVANCED The Forgotten Oasis

This is more of a tech demo than a game. Even then, I'm considering expanding on this, just need to figure out how.

https://v-master.itch.io/the-island

Gonna take a break from Game Jams for a while, I'm a bit a burnt out XD
Let me know what you think.
Thanked by 1Pierre

Comments

• Pretty cool landscape. Ran all over.

Would be cool to see what you do with it. :)
    Thanked by 2Pierre VMASTER
  • Enjoyed walking around the map, only thing is that the mouse look seems extremely sensitive, there were a couple moments, especially at first where I meant to turn just a little bit and ended up spinning around a few times.
    Thanked by 2Pierre VMASTER
  • I really enjoy exploring new worlds, so this was cool. I was actually able to walk inside one of the buildings via a window. :)

Like @krazysh01 mentioned, I also found the mouse super sensitive but that's subjective.

If you do explore this further, I'd by curious to explore things like:
    - Why was the oasis built in the first place?
    - Why has everyone left?
    - Was it intentionally forgotten?

Thanked by 1VMASTER
  • edited
    Thanks. I was really undecided with what my "final idea" was going to be. I had a lot of stuff in place, but couldn't really get it done... but it also relates to how much I should prep for this sort of game jam, since I myself have never made a First Person game. But I will make of these coming weeks to update this and some of the other games. Once I have "complete" versions of one or two of them, I'll see if I can update the itch.io pages with them.