Eating Binger on Android!

Hello there, hope everyone is doing well!
I have been going through older projects and polishing them while also adding in extra features and fixing bugs. I have managed to take one of my Ludum Dare games from last year and now I have ported it over to Android, with tilt controls. Have a go with it and tell me what you think.

https://v-master.itch.io/eating-binger

Have a good day!

Comments

• edited
    Oh dear lord! That background pattern offends my eyes! :D
  • Fengol said:
    Oh dear lord! That background pattern offends my eyes! :D
    I'll make a note of that XD sorry.

How did you find it otherwise?
  • I didn't realise there was a Windows build.

The background music was very loud, please add an in-game menu to manage the volume, or because the game is for Android, turn it off. Here's a link to Brackey's video on creating an in-game menu

Thanked by 1VMASTER
  • I played your game just now. I think it doesn't stand out on its own enough. I feel like it needs a better graphics style and a lot of polish. It depends what your longer term goals are.

It would benefit from a screen saying "press play to start" and some brief instructions.

The music was way too loud.

I think it should start more slowly and maybe speed up as you progress like many similar games do.

Why is junk food good in this game but healthy food is bad? haha

Maybe the android version is different to the ludum dare version.
    Thanked by 1VMASTER
  • Hey, I played 2 runs of this. Played on windows so can't comment on the tilt controls stuff.

Some thoughts I had:
    - I think it's smart that in the starting section I'm only given green foods so I get to learn and feel comfortable before seeing my first red foods.
    - The distinction between red / green and the actual foods didn't make sense to me. Why fish bad? Why sweetie good?
    - Along the way food items get placed pretty closely together. That made it practically impossible to grab only the green foods as I got larger.

Like others have said, the visuals and sounds are jarring at times, so maybe it's worth polishing those... it depends what your longer term goals are with this?
    Thanked by 1VMASTER
  • I played your game just now. I think it doesn't stand out on its own enough. I feel like it needs a better graphics style and a lot of polish. It depends what your longer term goals are.

It would benefit from a screen saying "press play to start" and some brief instructions.

The music was way too loud.

I think it should start more slowly and maybe speed up as you progress like many similar games do.

Why is junk food good in this game but healthy food is bad? haha

Maybe the android version is different to the ludum dare version.
    Hi, sorry for the very late reply.

Thank you for the feedback! It is very insightful.

This was basically a test to see if I could port one of my old Ludum Dare/Game Jam games to Android.
    None of the art was done by myself, so everything that I contributed to the project, relates to the coding aspect. I might continue to expand on this project further if there is a high demand for it, but it seems like a better idea to take elements from this and implement it into a new project.

• ashashza said:
    Hey, I played 2 runs of this. Played on windows so can't comment on the tilt controls stuff.

Some thoughts I had:
    - I think it's smart that in the starting section I'm only given green foods so I get to learn and feel comfortable before seeing my first red foods.
    - The distinction between red / green and the actual foods didn't make sense to me. Why fish bad? Why sweetie good?
    - Along the way food items get placed pretty closely together. That made it practically impossible to grab only the green foods as I got larger.

Like others have said, the visuals and sounds are jarring at times, so maybe it's worth polishing those... it depends what your longer term goals are with this?
    Hi there, sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for feedback.

Long term goals for this are to either make it into a Free-To-Play Mobile game or take elements from it and put it into a different project.
    Like I mentioned in an earlier comment, none of the art was produced by me. So If I do expand on this project, I will definately implement a new artstyle.