Stasis Alpha Demo, and Kickstarter Campaign.

edited in Projects
Hey guys,

Here is the link to the alpha demo of my game, Stasis. It's been 3 years in development, and has been quite an emotional roller coaster to get it to this point!

Please download it below, and let me know what you think!

Feedback from the alpha:

"I have now finished Stasis Game demo. What a truly amazing experience. Can't wait to find out what happens next!"

"SO impressed with the Stasis Game demo. The intro scene was jaw dropping. The game is looking great; nostalgic and fresh at once."

"Playing the Stasis Game demo and I think have fallin in love. This is sci fi epicness. The atmosphere is fantastic!"

And an absolute gem from Brian Fargo of Wasteland 2 fame:
"Excellent work! Stasis sets a thick mood and reminds me of a Ridley Scott Film."

http://www.stasisgame.com/getstasis

-Chris
Thanked by 4Tuism Ratel hanli Fengol

Comments

• Y U link not clickable :P

http://www.stasisgame.com/getstasis

omg 1gig :O

Gonna have to wait :P
  • There's a lot of awesome in that 1 gig... :D
  • Can confirm :)
  • Just some early feedback, will play through more later,

Firstly visually its awesome. Some of the effects are just sublime, and with the little particle effects like where the the smoke is coming from the fan in the wall.
    The atmosphere is really heavy and immersive.
    I felt the intro cutscene went on a bit too long, while it was cool, was too long by about 150%. The planet surface was awesome though with the flashes of light. The spaceship model was impressive too.

The GUI on the bottom left is cool too, did you speed it up for this demo? I saw an earlier version where it unwrapped slower?

Gameplay wise, I only have played through the first 5 rooms, while cool, it did feel a bit off with what you could interact with and what was just a description. I will comment further on that though later, this is mostly visual feedback and first impressions.
    Also I hope you can heal up and get to walk a bit faster! :) The injured animation got a bit tedious after a while. (that might be nitpicking though :)

Overall great first impression though, and I will definitely play through it later and give further feedback.
  • Sh*t don't have enough cap to dl :( have been following this game for some time, I needs to play!!! Gona make a plan
  • @iceblademush - you need to get yourself to the infirmary and heal yourself! After that you can run by double clicking.
    Thanked by 1iceblademush
  • It would be nice if everyone used spoiler tags :)
  • Tuism said:
    It would be nice if everyone used spoiler tags :)
    Sorry, it's literally the first thing you need to do, so I thought it doesnt spoil much.. Better?

• I think asking for spoiler tags for an Alpha is a littler extreme me thinks :/.
  • @Bensonance you're a spoiler tag!!
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • errr, i don't think he's gonna change the story drastically post alpha. Of course he could, but I still don't like spoilers in general :)
  • @Tuism,

Writing is a lot like iterative game development - you change many things and redraft the stories and characters as much as you tweak the mechanics of a game.

I'd be disappointed if the story didn't change that much. :)
  • edited
    I don't disagree - change should happen, but after 3 years... :P the first 10 minutes would probably have changed *that* much already :P

I hope Chris does the most he can with his time :P
  • Now that's how you set up a Kickstarter.

I am impressed! Also, totally keen to see this come out.
    Thanked by 2Nitrogen Tuism
  • Its 5 am and my modem is choking on those bytes...cant it go any faster? This game looks fantastic! I hope I get to see it before I have to go back to the salt mine in a few hours...
  • Thanks guys!
    If it's still too slow, I may need to put up another mirror..
  • Off to a good start. :)

Stephen Dengler backed, I see. You should have added at least one absurdly high backer tier. :P
  • dislekcia said:
    Now that's how you set up a Kickstarter.

I am impressed! Also, totally keen to see this come out.
    I am as well - I never really thought about how much effort goes into marketing like this. Especially if you are a 1 - 2 man team.
  • Fantastic news! It would be awesome if you could come to the next community night and tell us about your trials getting onto Kickstarter!
    Thanked by 1iceblademush
  • I see the Indie Statik article uses the gameplay gifs included in the kickstarter page. Having those was a real stroke of genius, they're total press bait-look cool in an article but aren't a full ugly video embed.
    Thanked by 1Nitrogen
  • mattbenic said:
    I see the Indie Statik article uses the gameplay gifs included in the kickstarter page. Having those was a real stroke of genius, they're total press bait-look cool in an article but aren't a full ugly video embed.
    Totally, I think gifs are under-used for certain purposes.
  • Thanks guys! A few other outlets also picked it up:

http://kotaku.com/stasis-the-wow-that-looks-good-indie-sci-fi-adventure-1458220239

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-05-isometric-point-and-click-horror-adventure-stasis-awakens-on-kickstarter

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9212

http://indiestatik.com/2013/11/05/stasis-2/

Im hoping that more will follow. Surprisingly, reddit has been a little quiet.

Thanks for the comments on the KS page. Im pretty bushed, so will talk about everything tomorrow morning!

-Chris
    Thanked by 1hanli
  • Congrats Chris! its looking epic :D

Have my browser open with the kickstarter in the back ground, man you must be watching it go up with intense excitement! :)
  • Mark Morgan, BETA Access, Mac OSX, Special Edition Box and Backer Wallpaper preview
    11 comments Like 15 likes

Today's Stasis Update:

Mark Morgan composing the Stasis Soundtrack
    BETA Access at $59
    Mac OSX Support Deluxe
    Special Edition physical box design at $99
    Exclusive Stasis wallpaper for all backers tomorrow!
    We hope you're having an awesome day because, thanks to you, in only a week we have surpassed 50% of our funding goal!

MARK MORGAN

The unbelievably talented composer of FALLOUT 1, FALLOUT 2, FALLOUT 3: New Vegas and Planescape Torment joins STASIS.

Fallout... I still remember the very first time the vault doors closed behind me. A rat ran across my path, I pulled out my pistol and watched with glee as my bullets ripped through its ribcage.

Fallout was a seminal gaming experience for me and made me instantly fall in love with the Role Playing genre. But, in all honesty, what really shaped the Fallout world for me was the music. The sounds of the wasteland will always stir a very special feeling inside me. You could hear the wind of the desert blowing through each note. Each town had a unique sound and as I listen to the soundtrack now, I can feel the emotions I felt when I first explored the California wastes.

With that still in mind, I am extremely proud to announce that STASIS will be scored by composer, Mark Morgan; whose unknowing influence on my game was evident from the first time I sat down to create this world.

Mark Morgan has musically illustrated so many of the worlds that I have been lost in: Zork Nemesis, Zork Grand Inquisitor, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas (to name but a few). Now with future work to look forward to - the soundtracks of Wasteland 2, Project Eternity and Torment: Tides Of Numenera.

Mark Morgan says, “At my first glimpse of STASIS, I was completely blown away by its Deep Beauty. This is destined to be EPIC!"

http://www.markmorganmusic.com/

BETA ACCESS (LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE)

If you would like to participate in the final Beta of STASIS, now you can!
    At our limited $59 tier, you will be able to play the final Beta of STASIS, at least a month before the full release.

All tiers above $59 will automatically be entered into the Beta. You will also be listed as a Beta Tester on the website and in the STASIS game credits.

This is a LIMITED Kickstarter Exclusive Offer and will not be repeated after the Kickstarter Campaign, so if you want Beta access, please pledge now.

MAC OS X SUPPORT

One of the most requested Stretch Goals has been Mac support.

We know that other Kickstarter campaigns have added this as their Stretch Goal, and we definitely want as many players as possible to experience what's lurking in the bowels of the Groomlake. Therefore, we aren't adding Mac support as a Stretch Goal - we are committing to bring Mac gamers the world of STASIS as soon as we are fully funded.

You can head over to www.stasisgame.com/getstasis right now and try out the OSX Alpha demo immediately!

DELUXE BOX

An extra pretty version of the STASIS box design is now available at reward tiers $99 and up. This Special Edition box has a foil design, embossed logo polished high gloss surface. The Deluxe Box design is Kickstarter Exclusive and won't be available after the campaign ends, it is also LIMITED at the $99 tier.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bischoff/stasis-2d-isometric-scifi-horror-adventure-game/posts/658542

Finally, I want to say thank you for backing STASIS. Keep the adventure alive.
  • Awesome news, the music in those games, especially Planescape Torment was awesome and really helped drive the atmosphere. That's really awesome! :)
  • Holy crap dude!

Composer win, right there :) That's going to be a big deal when you launch. Trust me.
  • Thanks guys! Yeah-it was a bit of a shock when it all worked out. I think Im still in a bit of shock to be honest....
  • I have just finished downloading the demo after seeing the video at the meetup last night. I can't wait until I get a chance to try it out. You can see how much work has gone into this game, and I'm glad people seem to be throwing money at it like they are.
  • You guys showed the video last night? Awesome! So sorry that I missed it - I had a late meeting. ;/

• - I had a late meeting. ;/
    Uhuh
    You just too fancy to hobnob with the locals anymore :D

• $101 648 later I bump this thread
  • Wow just wow! Congratulations. So happy that this succeeded. Well done. :)
  • This was always going to be. But that doesn't stop it from being FANTASTICOMGFLIPPINAWESOME :D

Congrats congrats! :D So many pats on the back! Incredible! :D
  • Thanks guys!

We also just got Greenlit. #4 on the list before they pulled the trigger!
  • Way funky. Way gnarly, even!
  • Well done Chris, watched the kickstarter and really think this is the type of game I would love to play !!! I loved fallout tactics and loved all those old adventure games.
  • Congrats on greenlight :P
  • Thanks so much guys. We hit all of our final stretch goals as well!
    Thanked by 1duncanbellsa
  • Bump for kickstarter campaign review, the in's and out's of how they structured and ran their campaign: http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/1ujopf/stasis_140_000_raised_by_an_unknown_developer_on/