What game dev / indie gaming blogs and news sites do you follow?

edited in General
I'm always hearing people talking about different sites they use to stay current with the indie scene. I dont move in those circles currently, but I'd like to change that.

What are you favourites?

Comments

• edited
    Stray_Train's suggestions are probably the best start.

I'd also suggest:
    venuspatrol.com is probably the most condensed source of indie cool

And here are some others that prolly aren't as perfectly suited for your stated goal:
    pixelprospector.com (is a mind-bogglingly useful resource)
    indiestatik.com (does articles on independent gaming and game development)
    indiedb.com (is a database of independent gaming projects)

And other suggestions (that aren't as focused on independent gaming):
    kotaku.com is sort of a games and culture site (but they do do indie games)
    rockpapershotgun.com is dedicated to the PC gaming and they cover some indie stuff
  • Seconding most of @Stray_Train's links (especially Gamasutra and Indiegames.com, not a big redditor unless they link to us) want to add:
    Rock Paper Shotgun for their awesome PC-focused news and very think-y articles.
    Polygon for really win long-form game reporting with a lot of neat indie coverage.
    The Penny-Arcade Report is also a good source of long-form reads and interesting articles.
    Venus Patrol is a wonderful source of indie nuggets and event information.

Although TBH, I don't really visit any of these sites specifically, I follow a ton of neat indies and news feeds on twitter and that's where I get all my links and articles from. All of the sites listed have twitter accounts (I follow the Gamasutra account directly) and if there's a good article somewhere, enough of my friends will retweet it and boost the signal.