[Competition] YoYo Games' Gamemaker Competition

Considering the Microsoft Game Jam next month or just in general for all Game Maker users:

[url = http://www.yoyogames.com/promotions/win_big]YoYo Games is having a competition[/url] for money, licences - and free Windows Store account passes if you move fast enough.

Your chances have never been better! All you have to do to enter is submit your GameMaker: Studio™ game to the Windows Store, have it pass Windows Store Certification before June 28, 2013 and let us know once it is available to the public.

Enter now Request a developer code Full terms & conditions
Get started with your copy of GameMaker: Studio™ (Free, Standard, Professional or Master Collection), a Windows Store Developer Account and either an existing game or an idea for a game.

Don’t worry if you don’t have a Windows Store account since we are giving the first 200 developers* who contact us a promo code for the Windows Store registration that will let them register for FREE(valued at $99)!

Here’s how the prizing breaks down:

$10,000 awarded to best game overall**
$5,000 for 2nd place
The best ’New Game’*** will receive $5,000
$1,000 will be awarded to 5 x 3rd place entries
There are also 50 runners up prizes of $200 plus GameMaker: Studio™ Master Collection (valued at $499)
But, wait, there’s more…

Since this competition is only for GameMaker: Studio™ users, we have decided that for the duration of May we are offering GameMaker 7, 8 and 8.1 customers the unique opportunity to upgrade to GameMaker: Studio™ Professional (Normally $99) for only $50!

On top of this we are also giving the first 200 developers who do not have Windows 8 and who submit a game that passes Windows Store Certification a Windows 8 Pro upgrade code (valued at $199.99).

We really are going all out with this competition so why not come join in the fun, submit your game to the Windows Store and enter to win one of the awesome prizes.

Thanked by 1Swingtop

Comments

• I'm a total GM noob but I'd really like to give this a go, any one with some GM experience want to team up?
  • @Swingtop usually I'd jump the chance, but @Luctastic and I are probably going to look at publishing our Windows 8 Jam game :).

Here's a page detailing the deadlines: http://www.yoyogames.com/news/163

I'd be happy to help out with programming if you need it, I've worked with GM consistently for about a year and a half. :)
  • Also, upgrading for $50 is pretty damn worth it.
  • Well I won a copy of gm pro with the windows 8 exporter at the game jam so I'm pretty amped to give it a go, I'll check out the tutorials and see how quickly I pick it up, @Bensonance, your help will be greatly appreciated thanks. :D
  • Feel free to ask questions here, GM is pretty well supported and there's some simple known solutions to common problems, depending on what you're trying to do with your game :)
  • edited
    My game is suddenly experiencing a "This app can't open" error. I have no idea how to debug it :(

-Fixed it. My developer license expired. I did not know that could happen.