Track and field game: Looking for a Programmer and a Pixel Artist

edited in Jobs
Hi all!

I'm looking for people to develop a pixel art track and field game. (To launch on Android/iOS and potentially web/desktop)
The game will have online leaderboards and will have sections with general information about the sport and it's athletes.

General Requirements:
This will be a small and personal project that i'll be guiding. I've got a degree in computer science but haven't actively worked in the business for the better half of a decade.

I'll need someone:
That's happy to take the lead on technical aspects (This is where i'm a bit out of date).
That can work individually.
That can teach/explain the technical side of the project as we go along.
That doesn't mind being in a unofficial/startup kind of vibe.

I'm based in Stellenbosch so i'm preferably looking for someone in the broader Cape Town area, but i'm open to offers from people further away.

Expected timeframe: 3-5 months
Salary/payment: To be discussed. Can be monthly/hourly or negotiated for the whole project.

Pixel artist:
Looking for someone to help me decide and develop the general art direction of the game.
The project is a continuation of an older concept which was based on an 8-bit Atari 2600 game.
I would prefer to bring it more into the 16-bit sphere (think shovel knight, stardew valley,...)

I've attached the poster for the previous project.

Here's the promo video:
https://instagram.com/p/B2w52FQhIA7/

Salary: To be discussed. Can be monthly/hourly or negotiated for the whole project.

Contact me here for more information or enquiries!

Combined events poster.jpg
1684 x 2381 - 665K