CT Community Evening - 25 March 2020 [digital-only]

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we've taken the difficult but responsible decision to cancel the in-person part of the upcoming March meetup. In lieu of this, we're currently looking into digital alternatives, and will be posting about that as soon as we can. We'll aim to have the digital-only meetup at the regular time in the evening of 25 March (from around 18:30 for 19:00), so keep that time on your calendars. If you have any content you were looking forward to presenting, please let us know in this thread and we'll see what we can figure out. We urge all community members to educate themselves about responsible actions to take, and keep abreast of the rapidly-changing situation.

Comments

• Apologies: unfortunately I haven't had time to organise anything noteworthy for this month's meetup and I have another obligation at that time. For anyone that is around then, I invite you to join the MGSA Discord (https://discord.gg/xBCnEYy) and hang out. If anyone has a game they're looking for feedback on, share it! If anyone want to an impromptu host a talk, pls do (https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040816151-Share-your-screen-with-Go-Live-Screen-Share). If you're out of ideas but want something to do, maybe share some good game dev talks and discuss them with others. See everyone when things calm down a bit <3
  • Note that for the foreseeable future, until the lockdown level drops down to level 1 or 0, we won't be hosting the in-person CT meetups. We'll review when we get closer to that point and details are clarified, but we'll probably be erring on the cautious side for a definitely-not-essential event.

Because everyone is spread thin, and instead of trying to have multiple digital meetups and divide effort, we'd like to ask everyone to support the Joburg (probably to be rebranded as South African) meetups. Those are on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, graciously hosted by @Tuism.

Take care everyone!