Durban Community Evening - TBC...

edited in Events
This event happens bi-monthly, is free to attend, and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment beneath to let us know! This is for anyone and everyone interested in making games of any shape, size or type. Come join us!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

When: 13:00 until around 19:00, Second Last Saturday every 2 months (TBC)

Where: Forest Park 2, Amazon 2 - 77 Armstrong Avenue, La Lucia (Derivco)

If you have a demo you want played, bring a station on which people can play it, and set it up before the meetup begins!

If you'd like to give a talk or show something to get feedback, please post below!

Agenda
- 13:00 - 14:00 - Meet and greet
- Rapid fire intros (10 min)
- Community News (5 min)

Talks - 2 x 20 min slots
- TBD (this could be you!)

Focused Feedback - 2 x 10 min slots

Open Demo Floor

Format copied from @damousey
fo1xHE2.jpg
800 x 243 - 66K
Thanked by 2roguecode ErrorNaik

Comments

• @fengol - How do we get this added to Facebook?
    @ErrorNaik - Are we good for this date on your side?

• mgsa on facebook is a public group, so anyone can create and share event there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/makegamessa/
    Thanked by 2quintond Fengol
  • @quintond - I noticed that you say the event is going to be free? Do we have to sign anything to join or register?
  • @Boogaloos - you might have to sign an NDA for Derivco (who are hosting us) but other than that, nothing else. The NDA is to protect Derivco and make sure you don't wander around their offices taking pictures of their whiteboards and stuff.
  • @quintond - Thanks. Please keep me updated.
  • @quintond looks good to me. There is another venue in our other building that is being renovated that we can use. We should be able to skip the NDA with this building, I am busy confirming.

I can also log another request to FB to cover catering costs.
  • ErrorNaik said:
    @quintond looks good to me. There is another venue in our other building that is being renovated that we can use. We should be able to skip the NDA with this building, I am busy confirming.

I can also log another request to FB to cover catering costs.
    Awesome sauce ... thanks.

Worth a shot for catering ... if not we can make another plan. Thanks.

• Can we get a head count for those that are attending this meetup?

Does anyone want to show a game, get a game tested, or talk about something in particular?
  • Me, I'll be there, will show what game(s) I'm currently working on, as a beginner, so you guys (the pros- in terms of having released a game, if I may say) could kindly provide your input/critic/anything.
    Thanked by 1quintond
  • Me, I'll be there, will show what game(s) I'm currently working on, as a beginner, so you guys (the pros- in terms of having released a game, if I may say) could kindly provide your input/critic/anything.
    Cool ... look forward to seeing it.
  • @quintond hay dude im keen to check out the event and possibly showcase a multiplayer medieval survival game iv been developing for a steam release in the unreal engine. Do i have to RSVP on FB or can i confirm some other way? also wouldnt mind setting up a station for ppl to demo and give feedback :)

lemme know, thanks.
  • @quintond hay dude im keen to check out the event and possibly showcase a multiplayer medieval survival game iv been developing for a steam release in the unreal engine. Do i have to RSVP on FB or can i confirm some other way? also wouldnt mind setting up a station for ppl to demo and give feedback :)

lemme know, thanks.
    Sounds good ... feel free to set up a station and showcase your game. You don't really need to RSVP, I just wanted to check numbers and see if there was still interest in this.

I will bring some Riders of Asgard and The Colony 2174 with ... just for kicks and maybe some healthy competition.
  • fantastic, how about some Settlers of Catan to lol
    Thanked by 2ladyinblack quintond
  • Hey @everyone, Derivco venue will not be available. @ErrorNaik will be out of country. We have to make alternative arrangements or postpone to next month.
  • Can we get an alternative venue on such short notice?
  • @everyone, I've sent out a request to Immedia. No promises. If anyone else have any other suggestions, please let us know. I will keep you posted. Will give this a week, within this week nothing happens, we will have to postpone, to maybe the following week or the next.
  • Looks like this is going to be postponed until we can find a venue.