A cry for some help [C#] [Unity]

Hey everyone!

I'm having some major issues with essentially moving a game that was running from Visual Studio into Unity.
My lecturer sadly does not know Unity and was unable to help.

I'm quite toast, and some pointers could be real nice :P.
PM me if you're an angel?

Comments

• edited
    What exactly do you mean by, a game that was running from Visual Studio, what engine are you using? The way you structured the request makes it really hard to help you.
  • critic said:
    What exactly do you mean by, a game that was running from Visual Studio, what engine are you using? The way you structured the request makes it really hard to help you.
    Probably true, my bad.

It's a Windows forms application running a simple RTS Simulation. I've got a basic 20X20 Grid with little "characters" (ASCII characters) that automatically fight one another. This then needs to be ported to Unity in a 2D space.

Does this make more sense? :P Sozzle
    Thanked by 1dammit
  • Arne said:
    critic said:
    Probably true, my bad.

It's a Windows forms application running a simple RTS Simulation. I've got a basic 20X20 Grid with little "characters" (ASCII characters) that automatically fight one another. This then needs to be ported to Unity in a 2D space.

Does this make more sense? :P Sozzle
    My recommendation would be to separate the logic from the UI control. The Logic can be moved over but displaying and controlling the UI will need to be rewritten using Unity Components.

Not sure if I can help more than that without knowing a bit more of your architecture and I am not familiar with writing games or UI using Windows forms :P
  • edited
    @arne, have a look at the official Unity tutorials link below, find an example project that is the closest to what you want to achieve and watch the videos. Not sure how much time you have, if this is urgent, just get a sense of what is needed from the videos and check on YouTube for specific tutorials that you can hack a quick implementation from. It shouldn't be too difficult to port something that is running in WinForms.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials