My year in GIFs - 2016 ---- Warning: Lots of GIFS [duh]

edited in Portfolios
Want this one year tradition to stay alive, so here is my year in GIFs! These are more or less all the games I made this year :). Post yours too!
Iccarus (My and Matt McFarlane's Global Game Jam game. A mechanical prototype of a bird flying around and soaring)

Fractal Fractions (Game for 67 Games I didn't have time to finish. A game to teach kids how fractions work)
Before Robot (Literally an idea I made in 20 minutes. Micro prototype of a game where a mini bus taxi can fit into small spaces, but people will pop out)
A Pursuit for Urban Diction (A quiz game with questions from Urban Dictionary)

A lose screen in Geocities art style I prototyped for it:
Vacuum Spew

Zombvoodoo (Modified code from Evan's talk at A MAZE, someone has a voodoo doll custom controller for it somewhere. Poke an arm/leg with a needle to move it in game)

Roadlike (car driving/fighting roguelike game made for SA Game jam. Upgrade, drive, die and do it again)

Blam Blam (A 3 hour jam: two button endless runner/shooter. Each gun is controller with a mouse button, you have to throw them in the air to reload them)

Unamed NAG Jam Shooter (top down shooter about being careful where you retread, or you bring your enemy back to life. Made in a few hours at the beginning of the jam, didn't submit it).

Grow Figure (3 hour jam game about God trying to break the galactic record for creating humans. The humans all kill each other)
Mind over Muntions (my first solo Ludum Dare 37 game: an action shooting game where you have no bullets and have to reflect enemy's bullets back at them)

Harmony Bloom (Been polishing up this old prototype of ours, will release in a few weeks. A musical puzzle /creation game)

Semblance (Made tons of levels/puzzles for it this year, here's one of my favorites. )

Miscellaneous Custom Controllers
Micro LCD game
Dr Maseuess: A game where you massage monsters with a playdough controller

Made some other small, unfinished ones, but can't be bothered to upload the videos :P. Hoping to do some more alternative input/controller stuff towards the end of 2017.
---------------------

Did a lot more than I thought I did this year! Was exciting to start doing more 3 hour game jams - they really work. You can really quickly get an idea down and see if it's worth working on. It's also the year I realised I should really learn to do a bit of art myself so when I'm jamming alone I can make some decent placeholder stuff :)

Wish I had been able to polish up and finish some of the promising games here, but A MAZE and Semblance pretty much scuttled those plans :).
Iccarus 2016-01-31 15-10-11-51.png
1440 x 900 - 339K

Comments

• A lose screen in Geocities art style I prototyped for it:
    @Bensonance - "Trump will win" - eerie as F
  • Awesome work dude! I wish I could be as productive as you, I didn't do much work on my own prototypes this year at all. :(
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • Nice work Ben! Lots to be proud of in there!
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • @FanieG yeah Geocities never lies :P. Feel pretty gross about it now. I think that was even before he won the Republican nomination too.
    Awesome work dude! I wish I could be as productive as you, I didn't do much work on my own prototypes this year at all. :(
    Ha! Thanks so much dude! I feel awfully unproductive this year, so at least I look productive on the outside :). Don't stress, about that dude! You're working fullish time as a game dev, so it's hard to go home and make more stuff :).

@Squidcor Thanks, Robbie! Means a lot, you rock-climbing indie nomad <3