[OGAM] Stray_Train's thread

edited in Projects
[OGAM] is my lame attempt at a tag for one game a month

JANUARY: IT NEEDS MOAR BLINK

Current Build

What is it?

IT NEEDS MORE BLINK is the sexy lovechild of Dishonored and the internet from Ghost in the shell.

Said internet:

You play as a cracker trying to steal people's secrets (story opportunity! @Bensonance where you at?)

Touching walls will delete your virus
wasd or arrows to move around
Left click to blink, keep it in to preview where you'll end up
q and e execute a shr and shl command respectively (fast blink left and right)

Currently accepted Gergles (not case sensitive):
"how does one crack?"
"crash test dummy"
"calculus"

What I want to do next:
>>Player rotates towards the cursor, making the quick blink relative to the direction the player is facing
>>Add a deleting and downloading animation, possibly a combination of fade and scale. To make it more obvious that you just died
>>Add a tutorial level
>>Add patrolling robots
>>etc etc etc
>>Attempt art

February: IT NEEDS MOAR EFFORT
It needs MOAR effort in February
After failing to finish my January game I thought this would be a nice theme for February.

Comments

• So I've fixed up a load of bugs and the base mechanic works. What do you guys think?
  • Is there any win condition yet? If there is I cant seem to find it.

It is quite sleek and speedy, one thing I do have to say is it would be cool if "runs" were timed.

There is a minor bug where if you die and keep clicking you can blink as you spawn (all the way back). A max range on the blink could fix this, or just a minor delay on when you can first blink (i.e. when the pan is complete you can blink)
  • @edg3 No win condition yet, I'll add the timing in tomorrow! Will fix the bug asap as well
  • I've got a half done tutorial, accessible by gergling "how does one crack?", do you guys think this is a reasonable way to teach the player how the game works? For reference, the test level is accessible by typing "crash test dummy"
  • I have no idea what I'm doing :( and it wasn't until I read your last post that I knew what to Gergle. I think a more upfront, these are the controls and this is the objective would be more appropriate at this stage
  • Perhaps you make a "I'm feeling lucky" button for Gergle which when used the first time launches the tutorial? (I dont know if you have one yet, I havent played the latest version and cannot while I am at work).
  • Just bumping this to ask if @stray_train completed/submitted?
  • No twinkie, built it up to a point and left it :(
    It needs MOAR effort in February