[Event] Johannesburg Community Evening - 8 March 2016

This event happens monthly, is free to attend and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment in the thread below to let us know!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

When: 18:30 until around 21:30, Tuesday 8 March
Where: Microsoft Campus Bryanston, 3012 William Nicol Drive, Bryanston, Johannesburg. In Auditorium 2

Content
- 6:30 - 7:00 Grab food elsewhere + bonding time
- Zoe's Introductions ~5 mins
- Community News 5 min

Focused Feedback (10 minute slots)

- Playtest Pitchathon (if you're playtesting a game, we ask that you give a 30 second pitch to the room about what the game is, before we all break off and play things).

Bring your games and set them up inside the auditorium before and after the meetup!

Board game prototypes can and will be played so bring along your prototypes!

If you intend to attend, please indicate so on the Facebook event

I'll be heading to the US for TrainJam and GDC so @Tuism will be running the meetup

Comments

• Yep, holler at me if you got anything you want to be included in the agenda :)
  • edited
    Can't do much this month, but for next month I can either do a Level Design or Prototyping Process talk next month. Anyone interested in either of those?

Can I have a Focused Feedback slot of Suck and Spew?

Combat6.gif
    282 x 567 - 4M
    Thanked by 1Tuism
  • Done, like that you at least changed one of those two iconic words :P
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • Erm, so I can't find anywhere WHY this would be, but my keynote wouldn't load on my Macbook, but it works on my iPad.

Subsequently, I need a lightning to hdmi to run tonight's meetup, does anyone have one I can borrow?
  • edited
    Can't you just borrow a laptop? You can use mine. Well, that's if you don't get the cable you need.
  • Well I have a laptop and I don't know if the file is bust that it won't load on OS X or what :/ so... Oh well we'll see.
  • Shweet. We'll find out.