Junior 3D Artist

We have a position available for a dedicated and hard working 3D artist/Game Designer. Applicant must have a diploma in 3D animation or any 3D course. Must be fully competent in Maya. Most work will be done inside Unreal Engine 4. Our main focus currently is Arch Vis, using UE4 while building our own app in the background as well.

We need someone with experience in working with Unreal Engine, which will be a big plus for you. Please apply even if you don't have any experience. Provide a link to your show-reel as well. Send CV with link for show-reel to nicol@roomored.com.

Applicant must live in Cape Town, or be willing to move to Cape Town.

Comments

• Hi @Nicdt

Just a couple of quick clarification points: Is this a position for a game development position, or a 3D modeler position for architectural visualisation? Also, there's a big difference between 3D art and game design in terms of skillsets, which are you looking for?

Please note that this is a game development community, so job postings must be for game development positions.
  • Hi @dislekcia

The candidate will work in UE4 most of the time. We have been building our own app for the past two years which run on Scenekit at this moment, but we are in the process of moving the app (game) to UE4. Our focus is Arch Vis and interior design, but our app needs to be developed and designed the same as any other game.

We need a multi skilled person, which can do more then just model, or game design. I am sure this is the norm today and something new. I hope this is to your satisfaction, and if not, I will be more then willing to remove my post.

Thanks.
  • Sorry @Nicdt, while I appreciate that UE4 is a game engine, this sounds like game-adjacent work that uses similar skillsets. Unfortunately game-like work isn't game work. I'm sure you understand why a community focused on growing the game development industry in SA might find this inappropriate.

However, your honesty is appreciated, so let's leave this post up and simple close new replies. I hope you find someone for the position, but that you don't take anyone out of the local industry ;)
This discussion has been closed.