WANTED: DIGITAL ILLUSTRATORS FOR GAME DESIGN

edited in Jobs
Hi There

I work at a company in the online gaming space called RightShift, we are the Cape Town branch of Derivco International. We are looking for a highly skilled and passionate Digital Illustrator to be an important part of our talented creative team in the game development space.

If you are interested in applying for this positions, please see job spec attached and email me (cally.galloway@derivco.co.za) your portfolio and CV.
Thanks!
Cally
pdf
pdf
JobSpecDigitalIllustrator.pdf
Thanked by 1WestudioGames

Comments

• Oh, is Derivco doing game development now? I thought they only did gambling games (which is a very different thing and should be marked as such). Can you tell us a bit more about RightShift, I can't find anything with a quick search?
  • Please indicate if this is a position for gambling related development or not. Thanks :)
  • gambling games (which is a very different thing and should be marked as such).
    I agree it should be marked as that, but still, gambling games are games.
  • @roguecode: I could probably have been clearer there, but my point was that gambling games are very different from games in general and should very clearly be labelled as such. I wasn't trying to make a comment on classification as games or not. That said, I have more thoughts on the differences and classifications, but that doesn't seem relevant here :)
  • So, looking at the spec PDF, there's no mention of what types of games the applicants will be working on. Again, if this is for a position working on gambling software, that needs to be indicated.

Also, the job says "Game Designer - Illustrator" and then proceeds to list a very art and illustration-heavy task load. Game design is a different field entirely, so conflating game design with game art/illustration is rather confusing... I can understand that UI design is required, but that's still quite different to game design. Perhaps this is being confused with graphic design?
    Thanked by 1Nadz37