Would you like a trailer for your game?

Hi guys,

It's been ages since I posted anything here.
One of the most important things about getting your game out there, is obviously making an epic trailer. If you ever want to get noticed on a crowdfunding campaign, or just in general on YouTube, you need a video that will burst sticky liquid out of people's eye-sockets.

So that's what I'd like to help you with :)

I was the lead animator at FreeLives for 2 years, after working as a technical director in film and TV for 4 years. I edited the trailers that got Broforce through Greenlight, and got us noticed by Devolver, Adult Swim, Naughty Dog, etc. I am now freelance, and I am looking for interesting video editing jobs. I could also do animation work if you're looking for that.

I currently charge R150 per hour for video editing. As far as I know that's pretty darn cheap. Because of my work background, I'm also probably about 1 metric F%$kton better at editing game trailers than anyone else you'll find near that price.

Link to my favourite Broforce trailer that I edited:

Link to my animation showreel:

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Hey @punkweazel,

May I ask what the average amount of Hours you require to do a 30-60second trailer?
  • OMG!!!! That show-reel is awesome @ Full-screen. Max volume. Great work.
  • Is that for creative design and additional animations and effects also or just editing gameplay recordings?

Im interested; also would like to know how much time or total pronect hours you require.

Do you want any work outsourced if I have clients.
  • Very nice :D I might use you when my project gets posted on Greenlight. I suck when it comes to making trailers so best let a pro do it.

• Hi. Sorry I've taken so long to reply. I didn't get any notifications, and I don't come here often.
    Thanks for responding :)
    Zaphire said:

May I ask what the average amount of Hours you require to do a 30-60second trailer?
    It depends on some factors.
    If we take 30 - 60 minutes of gameplay footage, cut it down to 30 - 60 seconds, sync it to music, and add some titles and logos, I'd probably take about 10-12 hours.
    Boysano said:
    Is that for creative design and additional animations and effects also or just editing gameplay recordings?

Do you want any work outsourced if I have clients.
    Yes. That would take more hours, depending on how much detail is required. Effects on the logos and titles like AfterEffects kinds of things will be a few extra hours, and 3D character animation with muscle deformation will be a couple hundred hours.

I guess I would take outsourced work. As long as I can get good content, I can make a good video.

Music is important. I can source licensed music (depending on budget), or royalty free music. Ideally I'd like to be supplied with music.
  • Good work there! will keep you in mind @punkweazel.