[Event] Super Friendship Arcade: SFA hearts SK

edited in Events
South Africa's favourite alternative gaming super-party is back and do we ever have an awesome surprise for you!

The Super Friendship Arcade gang are ecstatic to announce a special, one of a kind event happening on Friday the 31st at The Manila Bar. "What happening?" you ask, staring at a team of koala bears riding a roaring lion? Well, for this next event we'll be joining forces with none other than SK Games!

Hailing from Perth, Australia, SK Games have toured their home country, breaking boundaries and bending minds with an ever changing array of incredible custom-built controllers and the best in underground local-multiplayer games. Now, SK Games are bring their game-punk antics to the rest of The World, on an international tour called "Around The World in 80 Games"!

We are so happy to have SK visiting Cape Town as the first stop of this World tour! What's more, we couldn't be more stoked to be teaming up with our Australian friends in bringing you a one of a kind night that will see SFA and SK controllers and games smashed together in an orgy of buttons, pixels and high fives!

Facebook event here!

Full game lineup coming soon!

Strictly no under 18s.

ROAR (like a lion)

Be excellent to each other!

Comments

• Awww yissss, SFA is back!
    Thanked by 2BenJets Merrik
  • @BenJets, Is there only a Cape Town one?
  • edited
    There's going to be a Super Friendship Arcade of some kind over Johannesburg Amaze (in September)!

(As I understand it)
    Thanked by 2KleinM BenJets
  • @KleinM - Friday's party is in Cape Town, but @BlackShipsFilltheSky is spot on about us bringing SFA up to Joburg in September for A MAZE. No official announcement about it yet, but I can confirm our gang is planning a very exciting night as part of the festival and we're super excited to bring Joburg it's first alternative games party! Will share details once the event goes live!
    Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood
  • In news related to SFA hearts SK - last night we locked down the lineup with Louis from SK! We have a ton of awesome titles going down on the night! Some new surprises from the Australian underground, a bunch of excellent games from the South African community and a few gems from countries dotted around the rest of The World.

Catnips - AUS
    Evan Greenwood's Magnetic Assholes - SA
    World's Fastest Super Pizza - AUS
    Raptor Polo - SA
    Regular Human Basketball - AUS
    Criquette - SA
    Super Pole Riders - DK
    Cowbell Hero - SA
    Seed - AUS
    Feathers and Finn - SA
    KRYP - SWE
    Rope Jacks - AUS
    Pat Cat Pat - SA
    Hot Date - UK
    Snow Cones - SA
    Coming out Simulator - USA
    Cunt Touch This - DK
    Finger Twister - SA
    Realistic Kissing Simulator - USA
    Robo Bros - NZ
    Mehrgehrzerds - SA
    Hype Snake - SWE
    At Dawn Draw - AUS
    Fingle - NL
    Super Massive Crate Dash - SA

... and many more!
  • SFA was a blast! Thanks everyone who came and everyone who helped out. What a great night!
    Thanked by 1NickCuthbert
  • I hear a marriage proposal happened in the bathrooms by attendees who had met one year before in the line to the (first?) SFA :)
  • @dammit: Besides the "in the bathroom" bit, that sounds quite lovely. I'm guessing we need to schedule another SFA for about a year from now with some sort of wedding-suitable theme ;) Then we can upgrade the SFA slogan to: "South Africa's Greatest Alternative Game Night Until Death Do Us Part" ;P
  • Yeah, apparently the weirdness of a bathroom proposal made perfect sense for this couple :) But yeah, why not have a wedding/marriage theme jam soon?
    Thanked by 1BenJets
  • Haha, what a great story and big thanks to the organisers, very cool to see the size of the crowds attending and really getting involved in the games!
    Thanked by 1BenJets
  • I'm guessing we need to schedule another SFA for about a year from now with some sort of wedding-suitable theme ;) Then we can upgrade the SFA slogan to: "South Africa's Greatest Alternative Game Night Until Death Do Us Part" ;P
    Press X to say "I do".

• dammit said:
    I hear a marriage proposal happened in the bathrooms by attendees who had met one year before in the line to the (first?) SFA :)
    This is the best thing. My day is made, indefinitely!

• Ah man. Super Romance Arcade 100% has to happen now. That's amazing!
    Thanked by 1BenJets
  • So this proposal news is just the cherry on top of what was a most awesome night!

Other than greatly missing @TheFuntastic, we were super happy with how things went. We burnt through one of the elephant/ whale buttons on the one button station and at the end of the night had some synch issues with play controllers for joust, but past that things went smoothly.

It was amazing being able to team up with Louis from SK Game. His controller making skills are most impressive, and the selection of Australian games that he brought to the table were just excellent!

I'll be writing a full report-back soon, including a bunch of awesome pics that we have on the night. For now, I just want to say thanks so much to everyone that made the night what it was! From friends who built games and hardware, helped us set up, spread the word about the party, or just pulled through on the night and had fun; everyone's support and enthusiasm was greatly appreciated!
  • Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh!
    Check out this amazing vid Grant Hinds made about sfa!

• This video just contains so much win!
    Well done Grant, you really nailed it :D
    Thanked by 1BenJets
  • edited
    Hey gang!

Super friend Jamie Ashton shot a bunch of awesome pics on the night:

Thanked by 1Squidcor