People of Port Elizabeth...

Comments

• @edg3 keen! @mkShogun96 awe bra thats what we're also using and yes check you there will be wearing a Man U shirt
  • @The5bu where are you? Haha
  • So...

Are we going to try and setup another meeting sometime, maybe this weekend or next weekend?
    Same place as before, same time?

• Cool, I will attend too - same place suits me best as it is around the corner. Can't do this weekend though, maybe next? Also prepared to travel +- 1 hour radius from PE if required and can provide a lift if anyone interested to go too.

• edited
    Hi guys, I am going home this Thursday (3rd Sept) and will probably be back around Monday (14 Sept) can we make is that weekend (the 19th) ? I really would like to meet you guys. Am still sad That I missed last time.

Maybe if you guys want we could make a Whatsapp group to make arrangements easier? Or would you like to keep it on the Forums?
  • Hi folks, Con.ect 2015 is taking place at NMMU South Campus building 123 on 11-12th Sept. I'll be there at least on the 12th (the main day of the event), but can be flexible. It may be a good opportunity for some of us to meet and exchange stories in a fun environment. If you expect to be there, post your preferred day here so the rest of us can know who's going to be there on which day. Cheers!
  • @NickWiggill I've penciled this into my diary. May I wear my spider man outfit? Or is this a computer game only event? :)
  • edited
    @konman Wicked. And yes, please feel free to channel Rabubi :)

(I've updated the original post, but FYI, cover charge is between R20-R40 depending on day etc. - see original post.)
    Thanked by 1konman
  • edited
    Just a reminder to all that Con.ect starts tomorrow. We expect it's going to be an impressive turnout: Attendance should be even better than last year (which was the first Con.ect) with about 500 confirmed attendees spread over the two days, aside from those that may have heard about it via the Radio Algoa interview on Monday and ads / articles in the papers.

Also remember that kids are welcome, so bring your kid brother, daughter, nephew, whatever. The event's family friendly.

If any of you wish to get hold me for a chat when you're there, PM me for contact details.
  • Hey Guys, it has been a while since anyone posted something on this thread. :) So I'll go ahead and keep this thread alive.
    I have done some recent research and googling and youtubing to find out what Game Development (or any software Development company) would like to see in potential employees. One thing that stood out to me was having a portfolio of some sort. A place where you can direct your potential employer and show him what you have done in your spare time. I for one do not have such projects to show off yet and this is why I am going to actively be learning new skills and techniques in December. I registered my own Blog at WordPress to serve as a portfolio of some sorts. You guys can check it out here: https://mkshogunblog.wordpress.com/. Please go have a look and tell me what you think :D
  • Hey Guys, it has been a while since anyone posted something on this thread. :) So I'll go ahead and keep this thread alive.
    I have done some recent research and googling and youtubing to find out what Game Development (or any software Development company) would like to see in potential employees. One thing that stood out to me was having a portfolio of some sort. A place where you can direct your potential employer and show him what you have done in your spare time. I for one do not have such projects to show off yet and this is why I am going to actively be learning new skills and techniques in December. I registered my own Blog at WordPress to serve as a portfolio of some sorts. You guys can check it out here: https://mkshogunblog.wordpress.com/. Please go have a look and tell me what you think :D
    Hey @mkShogun96, indeed it has been a long time since anyone posted here... Cool blog btw!

Also on a side note: Since its year end "almost" I guess people may have a bit more time to spare, so maybe we could setup a get-together again? Also I think someone mentioned something about a whatsapp group or something similar, that would or could be nice. I'm also on telegram, and IRC - Server: freenode | channel: #grimfang same nick, everyday as thats the best way for me to talk to dev-friends over seas. (Old school)

Anyways have fun.
  • I agree, a meetup sounds really nice (since I have yet to meet you guys). I am here until about 26 Nov and am free from the 20th of Nov. So any suggestions for a meetup sounds fun!
  • @mkShogun96 Awesome man, yeah... @konman and I met that one day, was pretty awesome! My German Dev friend is here in SA for a week, maybe we could set something up for the weekend, on Saturday? morningish... Ill have to discuss it with him and ofc my wife... But it should be possible we could set aside a hour or 2 for the get together? Hmm I could finalize it by Friday night. Let me know.
  • @MJ_meo_dmt @mkShogun96 Hi again peeps, I am on a hike in the middle of nowhere this weekend... but can maybe do Friday night (tomorrow) or else next weekend maybe? Would be very cool to hook up again.

cheers,
    K
  • I writing my Last Exam Tomorrow so I will be free after 3pm I think. So anytime from then to the 26th Nov I am game for a meetup.
  • Hey @konman!, long time no see. Hmm tonight would have been great but we have other plans already... The only possible time would be on Saturday morning-ish. Otherwise we will just have to wait till everything's back to normal and then setup a get together so that everyone could get to it.
  • Hi all, I'm also interested in setting up a portfolio. I'm a programmer by qualification, but moved over to film after studying, so my programming is rusty at best. I am very interested in concept, story and mechanics design, as well as QA testing if anyone is keen on collaborating and developing games to use as a work portfolio. Give me a shout if you're keen.
  • Hey guys!!! Looong time... I hope we get together this year! (I'm back in PE again as work starts on Monday urgg...)
  • Hello everyone! I also hope that we can arrange more events this year! Happy New-year everyone!
  • Hey @mkShogun96, for sure yeah!

Ah yes happy new year everyone!!!

• Hello Everyone. It has been a long time since There was a post on this thread and I thought it could be time for a Revival. Recently my parents and I moved to PE (like 2 weeks back) so I am now permanently based in PE. (yay!).
    I thought it would maybe be a good Idea for us to join a Discord Chat Server where we can discuss, talk, ask questions and stay in touch. Maybe we could try to organize a gathering again and maybe host our own game jams and learn from each other.

Let me know what you guys think. :)