F : Scribbling down ideas

I want to live the OP for the actual game I'll make.

Comments

• edited
    There's no prototype yet but I thought I'd start scribbling down some ideas and see what the community thinks. The following ideas are both around building a robot.

Idea 1

This idea is more of a toy/puzzle game.

I'd like the player to just mess around with the constraints of the frame and the parts to build whatever bot they can. To make it more "gamey" I'm thinking of having little mini puzzles, where you're try to build smaller components in the same modular fashion and it's about "how do I lay out all the pieces I've been given to fit into this shell?". After the mini puzzles you'd unlock more components to add to your bot. Otherwise I'd just have all the components at the get go and you just build.

I'd also like to create a way to judge your bot hence the stats window or you just hit analyze and it gives you and overall score.

Idea 2

Would be also about building a robot but with the aim of hiring out your bot to do tasks that earn you money to upgrade your bot. For example you could weaponize your bot to leverage on defence contracts. Or you could build your bot with better precision tools to help in surgeries.

Gameplay
    Each turn
    1. you get to tweak your robot / not
    2. pick a job from a list.
    - Probability of success is based on your current bot build vs task in the job
    3. Outcome of job: 100% satisfaction = 100% payment (The ou
    - You could have damaged parts

Idea 3

An Atom building game

I've always thought that atoms had an interesting structure and cool bits that you can play with. I would like this game to be more of a sandbox type game where players can just interact with the different bits of an atom and see what they can create.

I've also thought of having objective orientated levels to help the player learn how to interact with the various systems. So, like in the image below. Just have an element and teach them how the numbers all mean something to build it.

Also thought of combing elements like below.

I think there's a lot of different aspects of chemistry (i.e ionic/covalent bonding) that can be played around with and could possibly be educational.

Anyway those are my ideas. I'll try get some rough protos up of 1 of them or all of them soon. Test out the idea.

Feedback would be nice.
  • Think all 3 ideas are great
    Thanked by 1SUGBOERIE
  • Inspiration for the Idea 1 & 2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oDAw7vW7H0c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Did you get anywhere with this? I can't find anything to download as an entry...
  • @dislekcia, nothing worth submitting.