A: Fem Shep

Here are some really early pixel artworks I did in a few hours. More to come :)
Kratos.gif
32 x 32 - 326B
fem shep.gif
64 x 64 - 615B

Comments

• Oh wow, that Kratos is particularly sexy! Nice work!
  • Oh yes and before I forget here are the reference images
    Kratos.jpg
    300 x 425 - 24K
    wallpaper-004-femshep-p.jpg
    900 x 506 - 339K
  • I like 'em both :D

If you want feedback: is it possible to eliminate some of the perfectly straight lines in your images (femshep's right leg and jaw, Kratos' arms)? Or is dis sum style thing which you'd prefer to stick to?
  • edited
    I like mini Kratos! (looks like Broforce Character proportions) It's really easy to animate with that setup.

Kratos' front arm might be a bit long?

Looking forward to the more to come!
  • Cool stuff :D

Like: Cool proportions, love the omni-tool :) Good overall
    Crit: Kratos' arm - I thought it was a gun or a blade. Maybe he need a blade more than a long arm there :) Also FemShep's left leg is a bit bent where the knees are - and the texturing is a bit too even all over it making it seem flat.

Keep it up :D
  • Keeping with the Fem shep theme (and I realize this doesn't qualify, but here is a fem shep fighting game sprite I made. Also included is a really quick drawing and some references ( lol jokes its the same reference as last time).
    Fem SHep fighter.gif
    114 x 116 - 1K
    ss (2012-03-10 at 03.34.49).jpg
    632 x 355 - 65K
    Quick drawing Fem Shep.gif
    1240 x 1748 - 554K
    fem shep Big.gif
    1240 x 1748 - 40K
  • Dude! That one looks GREAT! :D What do you mean it doesn't qualify? As in you made this a while back? Doesn't matter, it looks great :D Give her Omni-tool back :)
  • The Omni tool can make a come back :). Its a bit bigger than regulation size.
  • Waaaa, that's so cool! :D
  • Ok this will be my last submission (today). Mass Effect fighter art continued. Once again the reference is included.
    Mass-Effect-2.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 756K
    Commander sheppard fighter.gif
    114 x 116 - 1K
    Commander sheppard.gif
    1240 x 1748 - 387K
    Shep fighter.gif
    1240 x 1748 - 43K
  • Fem Shep now with pixel Omnitool
    Fem SHep fighter 2.gif
    114 x 116 - 2K
    Thanked by 2Bensonance Tuism
  • Woah that's awesome dude! loving it!
    one thing for me that's hurting the maximum appeal in both, is the arms seem to get lost in the body. Something you could try is changing the silhouette so the arms read clearly, or have different value on the arms than the body so you can distinguish the arms from chest area.

As Seen in the C.Viper image attached, the pose is very similar, but it reads better because the arm inside the body is silhouetted against the white of the t-shirt.

In your sprite you have the white and red stripe down the arm which kinda helps but the shades of grey are too similar to tell body and arm apart, you could make them thicker to help it more or looking at other street fighter stuff, an easy fix ( but less Mass Effect Style) could be to have sleeveless shirt.

Really good job on the dithering on the left thigh, and shape on her right shoulder pad, looks awesome!

Picture 1.png
    135 x 148 - 21K
  • Thanks. Thats really helpful. Yeah I had the same issue with the arm, and I dont know how to define it will maintaining the accurate colours of the outfit. But I could get creative :).
  • What if you put the omni-tool on the inner arm to help the colour definition? (Disclaimer: I now very very little about art)
  • I Like that Idea, Here is how it cam out.
    Fem SHep 3.gif
    114 x 116 - 2K
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • edited
    very nice!
  • I don't quite understand why the one bit of omni tool is sticking out forward from her right arm, at a different angle from the rest of her arm - was there supposed to be a gun on that hand?
  • Its the blade from the third game. And on a different note I have updated the Fem shep quite a lot to make her look more action ready.
    Fem shep fighter badass.gif
    114 x 130 - 2K
    Fem shep big 2.gif
    1240 x 1748 - 47K
    Fem shep fighter badass.gif
    114 x 130 - 2K
  • Cool adjustment, does alleviate the overlap of dark on dark issue. I keep thinking she has a gun in her hand @_@

I feel the stance has become too stretched - as in the hind legs wouldn't look like that in a combat-ready stance - they'd be flexed a bit :)
  • That looks very much like a Cammy stance ;) I think the thing that's throwing @Tuism off is the extra "ankle" pixels on the left leg, which makes that look more like her heel than an ankle with the foot turned towards the viewer.
  • edited
    Well actually, the previous version, her thigh was pointed down more, and made more sense to me.

Cammy's doesn't actually fit (did a search), since her front leg's turned inwards - but let's use C.Viper from above: her back leg starts more vertically down, then bends out. That little bend makes the stance more dynamic, like the fighter is ready to jump - this version of Femshep has a very wide stance, which doesn't make sense in a real fight as she'll really struggle to move from that stance.

PS. Cammy's stance still works even if her front leg's straight cos her back leg is bent, so there's still that flexibility :)
    Crimson_Viper___Revamp_by_ShinLeeJin.png
    85 x 132 - 4K
    stance.gif
    114 x 130 - 3K
    Cammy.gif
    77 x 102 - 15K
  • I get what you are saying @tuisim. The stance I chose because I was hoping it would suggest stability and badassitude. I will take a look at that "ankle" issue.
  • I take it as a stance of "IMA SMASH SOMEONE IN THE FACE (with a multitool empowered fist)"