[GGJ/SFA] GungHo Hippos - 4x1 button local multiplayer game

Here is our entry for global game jam (well, unofficially, I used my GGJ time this year to make a game for Super Friendship Arcade!)

The amazing art is by Anja Venter, I don't know if she is on the forums (@Benjets, do you know?)

Webplayer
Windows
Mac
(Linux on request)

It's Hungry Hungry Hippos! But with a spiritual enlightenment theme (that theme, uhh .. just kinda happened we added bloom effects)

Controls are up down left right, one button per player

Like the original game the goal is to be the BEST BUTTON MASHER... that's about it :p very simple game and we are still working on it for the next Super Friendship Arcade event

It's designed to be played on a screen that is flat on the table with custom buttons on each side (@Merrik 's QuadraButt or your very own MakeyMakey setup ;) )but can be played on a normally oriented screen
V1_screenie.png
600 x 600 - 346K

Comments

• Plans are to:

- Add impact effects for the Hippos
    - Polish the bloom effects bit (the colours are a bit much sometimes) or adjust the art for it
    - Potentially add a power ball that'll slow down time for all other hippos for a second or two
    - make the eyes move so they follow other players (or something, just to make then feel more alive)

(bte there is no sound because the SFA setup didn't necessarily require it so we focused on visual and gameplay)
  • The screen shake on this is spot on. Also, are those Lenny Kravitz heads bouncing around?