[Twine] Timer

edited in General
I found this on the internet, the problem is I'm still learning how programming in Twine works (thanks to @Fengol for helping me), so a lot of the script in the 'Timer Addon' passage I do not yet understand.
Here is the link:
http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/files/Timer%20Test.tws
If this is of use to anybody, awesome!:)

Comments

• edited
    @Jurgen A timer in Twine? How odd... maybe not so odd. Mmmmh, could be useful to build a conversation system similar to the one created in Sakura Wars. Contains tactical wargame and dating sim elements, beware... ;) (The Japanese are such romantic gladiators - no offense intended to them, just an observation)

"Interact with various characters by a real-time system known as the Live Interactive Picture System (LIPS)." LOL, cute! (erm, in a brutish way)

"LIPS presents the player with options to choose from during conversations and events, where the player must make a choice within a certain time limit..."

Mmmh, could be used for the speak-before-you-think personalities maybe? Or adding a fun urgency element to a game or story? Thanks for sharing :)
    Thanked by 1Jurgen
  • @konman, wow, that's really cool :)I really like the idea of emotionally involving the player and if there is urgency in making emotional decisions, great! Important decisions as the result of dilemmas have an emotive connection because the player wants to win the game.

Putting an "emotion" statistic in a game would make the player's link/experience way more immersive. Sort of "on how many levels can the player relate to the game". Sometimes through learning aspects of the game, the relation is created eventually. Other times the relation is based on how much of a "mirror" the game can be.