Excelsion is hiring!!!

edited in Jobs
Hello,
we are a new indie game development team. We are hard at work on a 3D action RPG. This is a profit sharing project until we have studio set up( you will only be paid after we have sold the game).( Samples of our work-in-progress of a "test" game we are creating may be found in the comments below). We still need a few (3) more members onboard to complete the team.

1) Programmer- You will work with our team of programmers. You must know c# or c++. You must also have knowledge of A.I. and A* pathfinding.
2)3D Modeller- You must know how make characters (if you know how t make props and in-game assets, that will be a bonus).
3) A Business person- Must be able to manage all business aspects of the game/sudio. Experience in the gaming industry will be highly appreciated.

Samples must be shown before coming onto the team( applies to positions 1 and 2).

Please reach me via email or skype.(Do not apply by commenting below)

Email-imransadiq1995@gmail.com
Skype-imransadiq1995

Comments

• You might have to promote this project a little more: What is it about? What's the status of the game at the moment? What are you like to work with and what experience do you offer your team?

People here have their own projects that they're working on, so you pretty much have to convince them to drop their passion for a maybe percentage of profits. Make it sound great :)
  • Well we only reveal story details after people have signed our NDA. The most I can say it that we're going for a post apocalyptic setting.

The game status: we are currently building a mini game to get a taste of what our developers are capable of. During this time, we're finalising the team. After that we'll begin full scale production.

We have a very friendly working environment. Our moto is work hard, play harder!

Here is what you will get by joining us:-
    >Experience whilst working on a very interesting project.
    >A share of the profit from game sales.
    >A permanent position in our game studio.

• edited
    Well we only reveal story details after people have signed our NDA.
    Oh dear.

I'm not really sure how to help you out here... Uh, forgive me, but have you made any games before?

And if you're making mini-games, put them up here! That's one of the best ways to get people interested in and excited for what you're working on.
    Thanked by 1Kobusvdwalt9
  • I must agree with @dislekcia, the chances of you finding the talent you're looking for this post is really small. You have to consider it from the perspective of people you are trying to attract. Put yourselves in the shoes of a random game dev stumbling onto this post. Why should they contact you? Why should they care about your project over the other collaboration offers on this forum and others like it? Considering the fact that you are offering revenue share over salaries you are essentially asking people to believe in your project and in it's chance at succeeding (either because they see some intrinsic worth in it or because they think the chances of eventual compensation are high).

So yeah, if you want people to be interested you have to entice them. Share what you have, prototypes, concept art, whatever. Don't be worried about people stealing your early stuff. Trust me, convincing people to work on an idea is hard enough, everyone here has a game in their heads they want to make already, you don't need NDA's.

Thanked by 1Squidcor
  • edited
    Alright here are a few links to what we have created for our "test" game. Sorry didn't think of this earlier, and no, we haven't created a game before. We are a new indie studio.( Please keep in mind that these are samples from a small game, a few levels, we are creating so we may evaluate our skills and abilities of development).

• edited
    concept3 - Having lines pointing at bikini-clad women/mannequins labeled "boobs" and "ass in window" is perhaps not the best way to win potential talent over since it paints a poor picture.
    Thanked by 1veggiesaurus
  • Yeah I agree with @dislekcia. Talking about NDA's always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I can understand if its Half Life 3 or something but the fact is if you dont have a proven track record why should I sign a NDA before joining your team and potentially waste my precious once off resource ... time.
  • Sorry about that, I think I mistakenly placed a rough sketch from one of our past artists.