DevelopHer Games

Hi guys,
There is a very interesting competition that focuses on developing games for little girls aged 3-12.The main objective of the game is to encourage girls to engage in STEM (Science,Technology,Engineering & Maths) careers.[ www.developherchallenge.org]
I have registered for the competition and have been working on the functional specification for the game.To apply for the competition,one needs to also submit a simple prototype.I do not have any knowledge about game development and would like to ask if anyone would like to help me come up with a prototype for the game.The prototype does not have to be in coding.This i how they explained their requirement
"Prototypes: In order to be considered as a viable applicant, you will have to provide a prototype of the toy/game/video game you have designed. Don’t be alarmed, we simply need a visual, diagram, schematic, etc. that ILLUSTRATES HOW the toy will be played. This can be a picture or a drawing or a minimum viable product (i.e. rough draft). The prototype does not have to be fancy, but you must send it to us to be selected"

You help will be appreciated.
Thanx

Comments

• Can you share some more details on your idea for a game? I'm curious and I think it might help find someone to work with.
  • I have been brainstorming ideas and now Today I had jst started to put them to together .but my main objective is to expose the player to many core careers in an simple yet entertaining way.i want it to be simulation video game type.
    It's gonna follow more of an adventure approach.
    I think I can give a more clearer pic once I'm done with the functional specs
  • You can give me your email .i can send you a brief description as soon as I'm done.
  • Exposing the player to a variety of careers is a good idea for a core theme. However, I'm not quite clear on how that would practically work. To explain further: if you choose career A over career B (or C ...), how does the game change?

I feel like it would need to be a more meaningful distinction than just a difference in money or title, but I'm struggling to see a way of doing that without having all the options pre-scripted, or making a large simulation game in which the career choice is functionally just a small part. What are your thoughts on this?

If you'd like to email me, you can at francoisvn@clockworkacorn.com, but I think it would be better to keep the discussion here. Personally I have very little time for what I assume is unpaid work (correct me if I'm wrong here), so you're likely to get more feedback on your idea and have a better chance of finding help if you post here.