[JOB] Looking for an apprentice into the dark art of coding

edited in Jobs
If you are passionate about software development...
If you have taught yourself to code (Java or C# or equivalent)...
If want to learn new skills and gain deeper understanding...

I am developing a Gamification suite of tools, the first of which has been launched. Now we need more hands.
Gamification is all about game design techniques, applied in a novel way.

You will be involved in architecture stuff with me and learn how to do that.
You will be involved in building stuff using a wide variety of technologies as appropriate. Both front end pretty things and back end server stuff.
I am not looking for an expert in any specific technology, but some one that is willing and able to LEARN. Some of the stuff we use is off the beaten path (erlang.org) so lots of learning will be involved. That's an apprentices job.

My personal

We are in Cape Town.
This is a full time position.
Since I am looking for some one inexperienced, the salary will be on the low end, but the job comes with a huge amount of training and skills transfer.

Comments

• Wow, erlang? Kudos :)
  • edited
    @Heinrich

I have read more than 200 books in game programming, I also have 3 books in gamification which I did not finish reading and now reading new book "html5 game development hotshot by makzan". Does it make me an inexperienced programmer?

Cutting things shot, I study Applied Mathematics and Computer Science at Unisa. I live in Pretoria, but I'm looking for some escapism. I'm probably broke right now but willing to work with you. I have my own personal projects, but if you can get me to cape town, we can definitely make something huge...

• @dislekcia

We build large scale systems using Erlang and have years of experience with it. This is one of the things the prospective apprentice will be taught. Why is Erlang so cool? Think MMOs.....
  • Hi
    I am very interested in becoming your apprentice. I have taught myself java and with the help of a friend who is a java programmer. I have just started teaching myself android development but as my friend said i need to go work to gain experience. I live in cape town and at this point i am prepared to work for free just to gain experience. I work hard, learn fast and is loyal.

Anton Potgieter
    anton@twk.co.za
    073 689 7808