[Php programmer] Text Based MMO RTS

edited in Jobs
I am currently in search of volunteer PHP and or Javascript programmer(s)
To join our team

We are starting a new project. A textbased MMO RTS:

It will be a strategy game based on the moon. Players have to build and defend their base against other players. Gather resources and work together to defeat their enemies.

All this in a textbased game absent of graphics. Where users view game data as text on a screen. There is already a potential userbase thats just waiting for us to amaze them.

Programmers from anywhere can apply.

If you are interested send me your resume at louisschprs@gmail.com

We hope that you will join us to make this project great.

Sincerely
Louis Scheepers
(Project Lead)

Comments

• Interesting, is this an answer to moonbase closing down? :) (I'm not a programmer by trade so I'm more curious than anything else :)
  • edited
    I have to point something out to you. I am not trying to be rude, I just want to give you the facts so you don't waste your time. Asking for people to volunteer and then asking for a resume will likely not get you a single volunteer. Perhaps you should attach your resume?

Some questions:
    - If it is volunteer work, what is in it for the volunteers? Or what is the cause? I gather from your last discussion that you want to monetize it. What is the model, and how do you intend to share your profits with the volunteers?

- Who is on the team currently? Is it just you? That's not necessarily bad, but more to the point, what skill sets are currently on the team? Do you already have programmer(s) on-board, or are you starting a team from scratch? Are you a programmer yourself? If not, what role are you playing on the team, and what cut of the profits are you planning to take?
    (And if it is project lead, what would that entail?)

With that out of the way, I do not intend to discourage you from going forward with your idea. Even if you do not have very good answers to the questions above, if it is something you'd really like to do, look at this as a learning experience, and perhaps learn some of the required skillsets yourself. Everything you need to make this game is available online, I can assure you. So if you struggle to find a team, start doing it yourself. If it becomes successful it will be much easier to find a team.
    Thanked by 2Tuism francoisvn
  • Wow, okay you are propably right I geuss.

The reason i ask for the resume is purely just to get a sense of what role i can give to that person.

I do infact intend on shareing profits if we get to a stage where we are able to gather income.

There is currently a php programmer onboard. Also another one who says he might join after he finishes some work of his own.

My role on the team will be that of a director and a manager, to oversee progress and make executive design decisions with the input of those in the team.

I have a basic understanding of programming. That however is not enough I am still learning. This , me seeking others to contribute is my way of trying to get a headstart with the project.

• edited
    Tuism said:
    Interesting, is this an answer to moonbase closing down? :) (I'm not a programmer by trade so I'm more curious than anything else :)
    Yes hopefully if all suceeds. Then we might all get to enjoy the same experience we all miss now that it is gone.