[Competition] 2014 Card Game Design Contest

This is being run by BoardGameGeek and NOT Make Games SA.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1182028/2014-card-game-design-contest/page/1

Deadlines

Official Start Date: 03 June 2014

Submission Deadline: 31 August 2014, 2400 EST

Voting Deadline: 30 September 2014, 2400 EST

Contest Categories

Single Card Game - (1) 2.5" x 3.5" Card

Standard Deck Game - (2 to 54) 2.5" x 3.5" Cards

Large Deck Game - (55+) 2.5" x 3.5" Cards

• A Game Board or Card Mat is allowed for the 'Standard Deck' and 'Large Deck' Categories. These should be on A4/Letter sized paper (8.5" by 11") which can be assembled together for larger boards.

Rules

All contest entries should include a game logo. There are no restrictions on theme.

Games may or may not include components. However, these have to be everyday items that people already own (coins, pen/pencil, paper, etc). There is no restriction here - but if it is hard to gather the game pieces for your game - people probably won't want to play it.

All work submitted for this contest shall be original and the use of unauthorized or copyrighted work is strictly prohibited.

Multiple entries are allowed. Teamwork and collaboration are encouraged.

Contest submission files must be in Print-And-Play form so the community can vote on the winners.

Need help with the card templates? Check out this thread.

For information on how to submit your game visit the link above.

Comments

• There are tons of design contests going on on Boardgamegeek at any one time, if you're interested you definitely should be browsing there, ask for more info and I can assist :)

Right now the stuff they have going on there, off the top of my head:

Novella microgame contest (using an out-of-copyright classic literature as theme, make a microgame)
    Dice game contest (use dice! Focus on dice!)
    Micrograme contest (microgames, no theme restriction. A microgame is a game with 18 cards)
    Monthly 24 hour design contest (this month's theme is Cola)
  • It's coincidence that I was thinking of a 4X micro game when I saw you posting about this comp. I'm going to give it more thought this weekend and come up with something