Andy Jump 2.5 D Open Beta (For Android)

edited in Projects
This is our first game from a small studio in Cape Town
we are using Unity3D and looking for some great constructive feedback
before we launch our marketing Campaign.

here is the link thanks in advance

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CarVin.AndieJump

Comments

• edited
    Welcome to MGSA and congrats on putting something out there :)

Do you have a PC executable so that it's easier to test the game?

Also, what are your goals for a marketing campaign? What expectations do you have of the game and why?
  • Hi thanks so much for the welcome.

The Game is built for android but we could make a pc build in the next week or so.

The main thing is getting noticed in such a big market at them moment. The game is an ongoing development with at least two updates a month adding content. the biggest problem is of coarse that we cannot sell or use in app Purchases. We rely entirely on adds to support our game.

Our goals for Marketing the app is to get it out in as many Continents as possible and get people talking .
    the game has been in production for about 7 months we have put allot of effort into this one title. So we just need to cover the costs of development . So we can start the next big project . We have also stated working on a much smaller casual game that should be out in the next two weeks or so to compare the two projects in views ,ratings ect

thanks for your time
  • Hmm. So you're expecting enough people to play the game to earn you money on ads to pay for the next game. And that's based on how much time you put into making it? I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but it's a common fallacy - players don't care how long you put into something (otherwise shitty 1-day clones wouldn't get as much traction as they do) they only care about how something looks and plays. Without a PC build I can't really give you any feedback on the play side right now, but I can say that the looks aren't overly professional in your screenshots... That's not an attack on your skills BTW, it's more a comment on how people are going to perceive the game's value from what you're showing them :)

I suspect you might not get the kind of earnings you're hoping for from your game though... Would that discourage you from making more?
  • Well ime not expecting just hoping people will at least give it a try. i understand that people don't really care what the developer goes through . its just a long term project with loads of updates orientated towards the players and what they want in the game.
    its by no means done and is a work in progress. we will be producing alot of smaller games and be comparing them to our existing long term game. I don't think anything will stop us making games :)

i will work on getting the build pc ready the weekend and should have one by Monday

thanks for your opinion on first impressions. i will be updating the play-store screenshots and take a look more into the game ascetics.