"Help make something awesome" Square Enix Collective

edited in Online Competitions & Jams
http://collective.square-enix.com/

Would love to see SA talent have a crack at this opportunity.

Comments

• So... It's a kickstarter + greenlight for square-enix exclusively? Then square publishes it, and gets it onto platforms via connekeys?

Hmmm, actually pretty interesting, although it *looks like* all the other existing stuff, kickstarting into a publisher means the dev only has to focus on the game while the publisher takes care of marketing + distribution, unlick kickstarter which *is* marketing and greenlight which ends only in a single platform distribution.
  • Thanks for the explanation @Tuism I was completely confused with this. I am still a little bit confused. What does SE get out of this. Do they get some sort of revenue share ?
  • edited
    I'm a bit confused by Collective. But I think @Tuism summed it up pretty well.

The thing that I'm most curious about is that Square Enix has said that it will (at some point in the future) make it's own IP available to the pitches. This might mean a lot of terrible Cloud fanfic games pitched, but it also might mean some great re-imaginings of classic games.

(New IPs are exciting, I don't want to take away from that, but reimagined old IPs by indie teams and backed by the original publisher could be strange and new)
  • Someone pitch a FFVI remake :D