[Event] Global Game Jam 24-26 January 2014

Comments

• edited
    We organized for round tables in the auditoriums, we have them from approx. 5:15PM, there are meetings and events still occurring until 5PM, so we should try not to step on too many toes I think :P

Im going to go check with facilities about the arrangements to double check everything is alright for this weekend. (in terms of attendees + which auditoriums are ours and from when)

Also, I sent an email out to the internet access people, I have the access lists and you do not need to worry if you didn't receive an email, though we will need to share some passes.

EDIT: Ok, the room will be prepped for us at 4PM, we can start using it from as soon as they are done, we only have a single Auditorium (2 I believe) but there will be 8 round tables for us (60/8 ~ 7.5 people per table), I will check when they are setting up how much space there is and if there is room will get some more tables for us.
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • I'm just wondering if we have enough seating for the numbers we're calling, cos last year's numbers weren't this big :)
  • Yeah I know and agree, unfortunately this weekend seems to have become big events weekend. If needs be I will book out some of the meeting rooms on ground floor for additional space. There are 2 rooms available for 10+ people, but if we don't need them it would be cooler to stick together in one space. Don't stress as whatever plan needs to be made I will do my best to make!
  • Well. Im here and there's no tech art talks. Guess im way early then.
  • Heading downstairs to see you! Look out for a tired looking intern with a faded purple shirt :P
  • Wait I can come an loiter around MS alread O_O
  • @iPixelPierre Uhh... what tech art talks are you referring to? :)
  • @edg3, I'm pretty sure @iPixelPierre is at UCT. O.o
  • Oh, uhh, I'm mobile at the moment and I thought @iPixelPierre asked for JHB internet access. *is confused*

you are welcome to come through @karuji, we can occupy the lobby for now
  • @iPixelPierre Uhh... what tech art talks are you referring to? :)
    oh, its on the jam site template agenda on the ggj website
  • edited
    Ye im at UCT. I saw the ggj faq say there was tech art talks from 1400

Edit. Gonna hang on uni road at the sammich shop and carry on on my prototype.
  • @edg3 still need to pack but will head out soon ;)
  • Massive accident on M3 at Searle in Cape Town... I might be a little late getting there.
  • Hey Everyone! Great to meet some of you and hear some great brainstorming; really bummed I couldnt stay the whole weekend and get more stuck in. Will hopefully pop in on Sunday and be blown away with the final products.

Well... "hopefully pop in" not "hopefully get mind blown"; some of the ideas were awesome. (that was almost awkward)

Good Luck!
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • JHB People: I have spoken to security about the event and access and they have let me know that their issue was that the facilities office didn't send them information about the event. I have given them the times and a list of people and they said they are happy to let us in and out, and they will start letting people in. If you have any issues getting in please call me on oh ate too 920 733 five, the same counts for getting through the main front door. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Does anyone have any photos from the weekend?
  • I'm not gonna polute the whole thing with my instagram spam (again?), but there's a fairly big collection of GGJ14 pics there from me :) http://instagram.com/tuism

http://distilleryimage11.ak.instagram.com/f246c850851111e38ee51246f013104f_8.jpg
  • I'll try upload photos soon.
  • @dammit: I have photos (though not all of them came out too well, was just snappy snappy with my phone), I can only share folders on Dropbox via email though. Is that alright?
  • I took a few photos, they're all on my instagram :) http://instagram.com/dwuff
    Thanked by 1dammit
  • @danelle :( Instagram wont let me save them to my pc
  • Instagram is tricksy, it has a transparent overlay to the photos - you can get to the photo by right clicking -> inspect element or view source or something, and finding the .jpg file. Look at my instagram links above for the format of how they look like... But yeah it's a bit of a pain :(
  • So GGJ has put out a survey for GGJ14, I must say that doing it has reminded myself of a lot of things we should be doing during the jam - like taking stock and getting other people's perspectives, like doing your research before bashing your head for 3 hours, etc.

Do this! It's important! :)

https://t.co/MAHZqkrdlz