Make Games SA 2012 Annual General Meeting

edited in Association News
Hi All,

The 2012 AGM for Make Games SA will be held at 7:00pm on Wednesday 29 August at the Alexander Theatre in JHB as part of the A-Maze Interact Festival.

The Agenda is as follows:

1. Welcome
2. Apologies
3. Acceptance of the Constitution
4. Election of the 2012 Chairperson
5. Election of the 2012 Treasurer
6. Election of the 2012 Management Committee
7. Other Matters
> Activities and goals to be accomplished by MGSA in the coming year (Including implemeting a logo, updating the site, getting all accounts (FB, twitter, G+ collated) etc)
8. Close

If you have any matters you'd like to discuss please PM me and I'll make a note of it. Also please see the attached version of the constitution

We will be hosting a Google Hangout that will stream to the AGM at A-Maze, so you can join in from home, or from the Cape Town Community Meetup.

If you are unable to attend, but would like to be counted as being there, please send me your apologies :)

Nick
doc
doc
Constitution v0_3.doc

Comments

• @LexAquillia, It might have been mentioned somewhere, but I just want to make sure where the meeting is going to take place? I'm guessing it will be at the Alexander Theatre? Just wanted to make sure because the festival is spread across multiple venues and I usually end up at the wrong place. :)
  • @Rigormortis, correct it will be at the Alexander Theatre in the "conference room" add this to the OP.

Also the Agenda is updated
  • Right! This is all go for tonight. We'll be at the venue a little earlier to make sure that the hangout is up and running before things get hectic :)
  • edited
    I was there a LOT earlier :P

On another note, the t-shirts are ready and they look awesome :) It'll be difficult to prevent spilled drinks on them once into party land, though :)
  • I'll be there earlier as well. Not sure what I'll be doing, but I'm sure I'll find something :)
  • I'll be there... eventually... :P
  • How would you go about getting into the hangout?
  • @CorruptedHeart, @Disleksia or I will host it under the Make Games SA Gmail account, I'll post a link here as soon as it is up, also keep an eye on twitter :)
  • At the venue upstairs at the theatre, about to do a hangout test. Hope we can get this up and running soon...
  • I'll be hosting the hangout, you can find me on Google Plus at nickhallsa at gmail dot com.
  • Just some feedback from last night, I apologise for not having all of the details, but here goes:

Chairperson: Ernest Loveland
    Treasurer: Andre Oedendaal
    General Committee Members:
    • Danny Day
    • Evan Greenwood
    • Hanli Geyser
    • Nicholas Hall
    • Jonathan Hau-Yoon
    Apologies if anything is spelled incorrectly.

I will get a copy of the list that Nick spoke of during the AGM that needs to be done, and I will contact the committee some time this afternoon via email to organise a meeting for sorting out who does what and deciding on a plan of action.