Educational 3-D Mathematics Project (Start up phase)

edited in Projects
Good Afternoon,

Two friends and I are currently working on the documentation and planning of what is to be a 3-D educational RPG game. The aim of the game is to teach Primary School Mathematics.

We have now spoken to a few professional developers and decided that we will use C# and Unity. We have been working on this particular project as a group for one month. I have worked on it since last year.

I am extremely serious about this project. We have a year planner on what is to be done textually and conceptually. The concept art and mechanics of the game still has an 11 month running period. This period does not yet involve programming of the game but it includes design and training.

We are currently looking for a new team member who can assist with concept art. Currently the team consists of:

1 - A member who completed a diploma in 3-D animation (Role in project: modelling and Texturing)
2 - A physicist graduate student (Role in project: Working on carrying over the content in an understandable manner)
3 - And myself (Role in project: Project Manager, Storyline writer, Content gatherer, Game mechanics)

I should mention that the project does not yet have funding. Thus if you are a concept artist reading this you will sadly be unpaid. We plan to work on this game for four years, including the planning phase.

We plan on seeking funding after the game planning year (October 2013 – October 2014) have elapsed and we can provide a formal document to anyone interested. (We have an on-going document that we keep up to date with what we discuss in face to face meetings.)

I am currently a 3rd year programming student and an intern at an IT company. Previously I worked a little bit with DirectX but I taught myself what I know, which is not yet much. I have also worked with C++, Visual C++, C, Java, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, ADF, and a little bit of C#. I have worked with NetBeans, VisualStudio 2010, and JDeveloper.

If you are interested in joining the team you can contact me on my e-mail address: xxn0vicexx@hushmail.com or xxnovice@gmail.com .

We do not yet have our goals set on recruiting programmers as we feel we will not yet be able to guide them yet. But we would not say no if you wanted to hop on board either! As mentioned above, we are going to work with Unity and C#.

We are looking for a passionate person who is willing to leap into the realms of the unknown. I know the rates of success for such projects and we are certainly not planning on failure. It would be preferred that you live in or around the Cape Town area so we can get a meeting point for once a month face to face meetings.

Kind Regards
Riana Louw

Comments

• edited
    Three questions:

1. What are you basing your planning and time estimates on and what experience do you have in game development with which to court funding?

2. Why do you need the trappings and complications of a 3D RPG in order to build other game mechanics that convey maths skills?

3. Are you aware of the Cape Town meetup that's happening on the 30th?
  • I said the same thing. :P

She's going to the meetup, afaik.