[Sound Challenge Voting] Competition #2 - All welcome. Voting closes Friday the 18th of October!

Hi everyone,

We would like to invite everyone on MakeGamesSA to vote for their favorite entry in our second sound challenge!

There are three polls and three categories:
Best Music
Best Sound Effects
Best Overall

[Update:] Please use the google forms instead (please vote again if you voted with polldaddy!!)

All the entries are listed with their videos in the polls so go click on the links and have a look!

Voting will cease on Friday the 18th of October, so get your votes in now!

A summary of the entries:

@Gareth_Starstreem - http://www.starstreem.com/downloads/6 Credits Music.mp4

@Muffin91mAn -

@gvrmai001 -

@Gibbo -

@creative630 -

@Mexicanopiumdog -

@gvrmai001 -

@Droof -

[Update:] The votes are in!

Ok I have officially closed the voting! I hope everyone got their votes in :)
So here are the results coming from a whopping total of 50 votes!

Best Music Category:
image 1st - @gvrmai001
image 2nd - @Droof
image 3rd - @Gibbo

Best Sound Effects Category:
image 1st - @gvrmai001
image 2nd - @Droof
image 3rd - @Mexicanopiumdog

Best Overall Category:
image 1st - @gvrmai001
image 2nd - @Droof
image 3rd - @Muffin91mAn

Congratulations to all the winners, each of you deserve your picture-medals and all the fame/glory that comes with them!
To all those who didn't get a medal, thank you for participating and better luck next time :)

This challenge has really blown me away, and I am really inspired by the level of awesome coming out of the sound designers on MakeGamesSA. Thanks again!
Thanked by 2Bensonance Merrik

Comments

• Wait! We may have a problem... polldaddy is not showing any votes (my votes and my friends votes aren't showing :()

Going to try sort it out.
  • Apologies if you have already voted. Please vote again using the less-impressive google forms.
  • It's so difficult to decide. They are all good along different axes.

Just a quick question about 'Overall' vs. 'Music'.

My interpretation:
    'Overall' refers to how well the track fits the videos feel and how well choreographed is.
    'Music' refers for how rad the track is on its own.

Is that right?
  • edited
    @Merrik Yes, overall counts as how good the music, sound effects, choreography and everything else fits with the base video.

I would say the categories just focus your attention (not necessarily detach it from the video).
    So,
    Music: How good the music is overall and how the music fits the video (if there is one) in style (and possibly choreography).
    SFX: How good the sfx are overall and how they fit the video (if there is one) in sound and choreography .
    Overall: How good the music and sfx fit together and how they both interact with the video.

Edit: feel free to interpret the categories as you see fit though.
  • Google seemed to have a little trouble with @gvrmai001's entries being called the same thing... I have changed the name in the second entry but that has caused all of @gvrmai001's votes (from both entries) to be shown in only the first entry. Sorry about that!
  • edited
    Ok I have officially closed the voting! I hope everyone got their votes in :)
    So here are the results coming from a whopping total of 50 votes!

Best Music Category:
    image 1st - @gvrmai001
    image 2nd - @Droof
    image 3rd - @Gibbo

Best Sound Effects Category:
    image 1st - @gvrmai001
    image 2nd - @Droof
    image 3rd - @Mexicanopiumdog

Best Overall Category:
    image 1st - @gvrmai001
    image 2nd - @Droof
    image 3rd - @Muffin91mAn

Congratulations to all the winners, each of you deserve your picture-medals and all the fame/glory that comes with them!
    To all those who didn't get a medal, thank you for participating and better luck next time :)

This challenge has really blown me away, and I am really inspired by the level of awesome coming out of the sound designers on MakeGamesSA. Thanks again!
  • 2nd! .....I'll take it :)

Congrats to all involved, cant wait for the next one
  • 3rd overall, I'm good with that :)