TYPEN - A typing game.

edited in Projects
Hi there comunity, I was assigned this task in IT to make a game with a program called scratch. Now because i am a good programmer i was angry with the scratch program. The performance was really lacking and there were no soft-edges available so it was going to be tuff to create games in the same manner that i was used to. After thinking about it a little bit I decided instead of looking at the scratch program as a hinderance, I should look at it as a opportunity to put some design constraints on my self and see what would come up.

I made a decision about what type of game I was going to make. It would be a game that was sort of a tribute to old handheld games and Indie Games in general. This was due to the fact that I had to use pixelated graphics because there was no soft edges.

I am now nearing the end of this project and the closing date is next monday 9 September and i was wondering if you could play it and tell me where i can improve.

The game is a typing game designed to improve the typing speed of the players. It can be downloaded here : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91837167/Typen2.exe

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• edited
    Hmmm I am not sure that it's working as it should. All three options in the main menu restarts the logo-build...

Edit: Oh OK, <Enter> restarts the logo-build. If I use space to select it works fine.

I gave it a quick play; one suggestion: if there are more than one letter, make it shoot the closest one first (this is a problem in the most difficult mode). Also, make it possible to shoot immediately again (currently you have to wait for the bullet to hit...?)
  • I downloaded the game and was presented with the main menu. Options seams to give me a few choices but when I select story it just seams to restart. Am I missing something?

• Yes sorry i forgot to mention that scratch doesnt allow the use of the enter key so to select something press SPACE and to navigate back press 1.
  • The ENTER bug is out of my control but i will try to make it shoot immediately and shoot the closest one.
  • Ok there we go working now.

Is there no progression on difficulty? My suggestions to make it more gammy would be. Allow multiple letters at once. Some penalty for typing a letter that's wrong. There are more but I am unsure what limitations you have there.

• Thanks for playing, the difficulty can be set in the options, but i also thought that it should progress automaticly.