[#PROTOSHI] 1 ADVANCED - 5 Second Survivor

Hey everyone, this is my entry to week 1 of Protoshi, I just finished the core gameplay which is why I'm uploading it now but I'll be updating it until the deadline. (you'll be able to see the last updated time at the bottom of the page)
https://3nigma-01.itch.io/protoshi-5-second-survivor-week-1

5 Second Survivor is a Top Down survival shooter game.
You have been infected!
You have 5 seconds left to live you know you can stave off the infection but for how long?
Collect serum to try resist the infection and try take as many of those zombies with you before you go.
Killing a Zombie will get you 5 seconds extra life from determination.
Getting bit by a Zombie will lose you 5 seconds of life.

(Game is web based so you should be able to play it on any device with a keyboard and mouse)

Screenshots:

Comments

• Just pushed an update adding limited ammunition (it was way too easy to basically become unkillable before) as well as ammo pickups around the map
  • Added another update with some sound effects and background music
    Thanked by 2Pierre iamdavidnight
  • Just pushed an update with a nicer UI (a little nicer atleast) and some game balances.
    The player can now only have a maximum of 60 seconds of life, this prevents them from stock piling minutes and essentially becoming unkillable.
    Zombies also do more damage now taking 10 Seconds from your life for each bite instead of the previous 5, this should make being swarmed more difficult and discourage pushing through a horde (since 6 bites will now kill you from full health).

This will likely be my last update before submission tomorrow so I will also upload a downloadable zip of the web build for verification purposes
  • Interesting premise, had a good time with it.
    My High Score at the moment is: 40 Seconds and 7 Zombies XD I'll probably improve overtime...
    I like the limited time you have at the start, kinda wished it gave me more time after each kill. I don't know if it is me or something, but I also feel like the character is a little bit slow. Otherwise very fun game, would love to see it be further expanded upon.
  • Cool game, fun little top down shooter. :) Did you make all the models yourself?
  • Cool game, fun little top down shooter. :) Did you make all the models yourself?
    Thanks for the feedback and about the art. No, I'm no artist
  • VMASTER said:
    Interesting premise, had a good time with it.
    My High Score at the moment is: 40 Seconds and 7 Zombies XD I'll probably improve overtime...
    I like the limited time you have at the start, kinda wished it gave me more time after each kill. I don't know if it is me or something, but I also feel like the character is a little bit slow. Otherwise very fun game, would love to see it be further expanded upon.
    Thanks for the feedback, I spent a long time trying to get the right balance between not dying too quickly but also not becoming immortal
    Thanked by 1VMASTER
  • edited
    With all submissions complete, I can deliver my comments now.
    Winners of the competition will be announced on the 5th of May.

5 Second survivor is the best out of all your submissions.
    It stands out for an overall element of "FUNNESS"
  • Pierre said:
    With all submissions complete, I can deliver my comments now.
    Winners of the competition will be announced on the 5th of May.

5 Second survivor is the best out of all your submissions.
    It stands out for an overall element of "FUNNESS"
    Thanks, I agree that it definitely is my best submission xD the others ended up much more tech prototypes than actual gameplay, the whole lockdown and working from home situation really messed with my flow :P but glad that you enjoyed this one, it by far was my favourite as well :)