[SA Game Jam 2019] Area 52 minus 1

Project Name: Area 52 minus 1 (work in progress title)
Entry: Student
Jam Type: 48 hr
Team of 3
Based in Durban

Play as an alien who must build weapons and spaceship components from primitive earth technology in order to fight through and escape a certain military base
Thanked by 2dammit Asriele

Comments

• ok so uhm not much to say i can sort of see you were going somewhere by collecting items ect, but it doesnt reallt fit the theme and is quiet with not much to do except get stuck. id say make something to do with the items u collect/make the guards only fire when you can see them/give some indication towards what the items are. yeah so thanks for the opertunity to test your game here is a video review

link:
  • juanathin said:
    ok so uhm not much to say i can sort of see you were going somewhere by collecting items ect, but it doesnt reallt fit the theme and is quiet with not much to do except get stuck. id say make something to do with the items u collect/make the guards only fire when you can see them/give some indication towards what the items are. yeah so thanks for the opertunity to test your game here is a video review

link:
    Sorry about that. We should have left better instructions, and it seems that the icons for the items didn't show up for you. We did add a crafting menu that is accessed by hitting Tab, although if the regular hud didn't properly show up then I am not sure if the menu would have correctly loaded

• Finally got to see what happens inside area 51 52 - 1 :D
    Quite a lot of science drinks and janitors...

I liked the minimalist style and idea. Oh! and my crafting DID work ;)

I feel like the game needs to have sound effects and I didn't manage to get much further than being rushed by a group of scientists. Jumping off the moving platform was also quite challenging (but I might just be bad).

Looking forward to seeing more
  • The crafting menu worked fine on my side and I managed to craft some alien tech.

I thought it was quite funny when the mad scientists started chasing me all over the map, but I couldn't figure out how to get rid of them. I eventually ran into some soldiers who killed me.

Despite the elevator glitching, the janitor sliding around on the floor, and there being no sound, I really enjoyed this game. The simple art style works well. With some refinement I think this could be a cool game.
  • Please let me know if you're based in CT, JHB or where?
  • great premise for the game always wanted to know what they were hiding from us!. my crafting did work however the scientists stuck to me and didn't allow me off the elevator. Otherwise fun game with a good premise