Durban Meet Up...

@roguecode or @garethf ... when are we organising a Durban Meetup? It has been a while. Please ... please ... please!!!

Comments

• Be sure to ping @ladyinblack, didn't she have something to do with a GGJ venue? Maybe that can be used for your meetup?
    Thanked by 1ladyinblack
  • I've been summoned. ;)

Hello! Uhhhhh, I'm not sure man, honestly I've been consumed by making my new game, raising baby and trying to keep sane. Hadn't thought of a meetup in a long time.

Maybe let's have any Durban folks who want to meetup comment in this thread, if we can get at least 6 people it should be worth setting something up.

Durbanites, what say ye?
  • I'm in the midlands, but depending on the turnout and topics I may be able to come through
  • So far we have:
    - quintond
    - garethf
    - Krummelz
    - Blackson
    - ladyinblack

Potential:
    - Bracula

I would say that is enough for a meet up. All we need is a venue ... any contacts who can help us?

Anything you guys want to specifically want to chat about? Last time we just go together and tested some prototypes and alphas ... would this still work for everyone.
  • Well, I'm still new in the indie game space, but if its a weekend I can make it to attend anywhere in Durban, provided it don't clash with any of my upcoming game workshops (which I could move around if necessary). If its a week night and your venue is in Umhlanga or further to Dbn North, I will not be able to make it to attend, I'm from Shallcross. And, I could bring along a few newbies.
    Thanked by 1Tuism
  • I would like to do it on a Saturday afternoon if possible ... but everyone needs to agree to that. This is a democracy. :)
    Thanked by 1garethf
  • History in the making here! ♥️
    Thanked by 1garethf
  • Yeah, I will struggle to make a week night, so preferably a weekend day for me, too.

Anyone got any ideas on location?
  • I may have a place, but its in Chatsworth, and another in Morningside, Stamford Hill. Both places is a closed space, Chatsworth venue, is a college, and once ran gaming sessions. Parking for a few cars otherwise you can park outside the gate. Morningside, is a college, big space, free to use and is across the road, opposite Engen. Morningside you can consider confirmed, Chatsworth, I will have to ask the owner.
  • I can try and ask Derivco?
  • I'm also able to host, but looks like that's sorted.
  • edited
    @roguecode ... Dude ... please ... please can we host it at you. Please. Please. I will behave ... not sure about @garethf ... but I will.

Please.

Proposed Dates:
    - 1st June
    - 8th June

... feel free to recommend a date. We can then finalise and check with @roguecode if this suits him.
  • Anything confirmed yet?
  • Whoops, sorry folks, I got real busy and forgot about this for a while there.

Has a venue been confirmed?
  • Guys, can you reconfirm dates?

I'm on chat with Piven from Derivco and Durban's MCP. If you still want Derivco as a venue. He needs a possible date we looking for and then he said he will email them this evening.
  • @ladyinblack -- I am going to suggest you just select a date and fire off the email to Derivco. Then everyone can come through ... the problem we have is trying to accommodate everyone because Durban is such a small group.
    Thanked by 1Fengol
  • Hey, I registered because I saw this post;
    Im keen to join the DBN meet up as well.
    Let me know when you have details.
    Thanked by 1ladyinblack
  • The details: MGSA Durban meetup
    Date: 29 June 2019
    Time: 14:00pm
    Venue: Derivco, which room we'll get that info later.
    Few processes have been implemented by Derivco, however.
    - Each person will need to sign an NDA to enter the building
    - I will need the names of who will be attending, so I can give those to Piven Naik, so he can handle security. Without this, you will not be allowed (It's not me, I promise)
    Thanked by 1garethf
  • @ladyinblack: I will be there - Quinton Delpéche
  • @ladyinblack I'm keen - Jacques Dés Prés
  • @ladyinblack Ill be there - Derivco employee
    Would you still need my name for tracking?
  • @OneXCrazyPerson yes I would, or you can let Piven Naik know you will be one of the MGSA members attending the meet.
  • So far we have four, including myself, Ronica Singh. Moving further discussions over to the Durban Community Meetup by Fengol http://makegamessa.com/discussion/5655/event-durban-community-evening-29-june-2019#latest