[Event] Cape Town Meetup - 27 March

edited in Events

This event happens monthly, is free to attend, and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment beneath to let us know! This is for anyone and everyone interested in making games of any shape, size or type. Come join us!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

When: 18:30 until around 21:30, Last Wednesday of the month

Where: Bandwidth Barn - 68 Albert Rd, Woodstock, Cape Town, 7925

If you have a demo you want played, bring a station on which people can play it, and set it up before the meetup begins!

Agenda
- 6:30 - 7:00 - Meet and greet
- Rapid fire intros (10 min)
- Community News (5 min)

Talks - 2 x 20 min slots
- Receiving and processing feedback by @damousey
- TBD (this could be you!)

Focused Feedback - 2 x 10 min slots

Open Demo Floor

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/603697163429386/

If you'd like to give a talk or show something to get feedback, please post below!

Comments

• Holiday time has come, I'm excited and hoping to make this one. Huzzah!
  • I have a talk suggestion;

A breakdown on receiving and processing feedback. I've been working on it for a little while and I think I could squeeze it into 20 minutes, it even comes with a handout.
    Thanked by 1francoisvn
  • damousey said:
    I have a talk suggestion;

A breakdown on receiving and processing feedback. I've been working on it for a little while and I think I could squeeze it into 20 minutes, it even comes with a handout.
    @damousey that sounds great. @francoisvn is travelling this week and I've offered to MC, so I'll chalk in your talk.
  • damousey said:
    I have a talk suggestion;

Any chance we could film this and I could share it with my students?
  • Aye, it was a very nice meetup today.
    The focus on feedback was quite fruitful, its some good info I'll likely put to use shortly.

ps, to the 3 cool people I met, but forgot to get connections to, sorry it went over my head.
    Feel free to reach out with a dm.