Fishgibble™ ( Unreal Engine 4 )

Comments

• Hi Alwyn, met your friend at Open Design.

Glad you've discovered the community and hope to see progress builds from your next project. We're most effective when we can offer feedback on incomplete work -- though I think this one may be mentioned in the next round of MGSA game updates.
  • Hi Nandrew, that's awesome thanx!

I will definitely post some updates this weekend on the new game.
  • FishGibble got Greenlit on Steam.. Is that a good thing? Now I have to revamp, polish and expand...
  • edited
    It's been a crazy ride. I completed the 2 year, 3D Character program at http://www.animschool.com , and am currently rewriting the game, started a company, going to Exhibit @ComicConAfrica in September, stuff is happening.
    Here are some updates.

Thanked by 1Jurgen
  • edited
    Finally fixed the damn custom spawner and lighting issues, that's been bothering me for ages. AI is deadly now, even though they also suffer from aim deviation. Side note... Strafing AI in 3D space ("swimming") is incredibly hard to hit, even at max shooting skill level with grenades, yes, these fish have grenades. Gonna have to add some forgiveness to the player somehow, probably gonna be using buffs etc. How does one add images to this thing dag nammit. Video to come soon.

• Next one is up fam. Yay. Come and see us @ComicConAfrica 14-16 Sep 2018, point and laugh, sit and stare, fight, explore, survive! ... No really just come point and laugh it's more fun that way...

Fixes Include: A brand spanking new shiny test build. AI hovering and not attacking issue, AI aiming towards, well, not the player... AI now holds off and hangs back every now and then to shoot from afar. AI attack each other every now and then, hopefully more now than then. Massive player ammo increase, massive player damage increase, because players were dying too much. O well. We can't win'em all son.

Massive new level finished, Awesome new puzzles for the last level.
    But that's for the next video.

• #ComicConAfrica was really awesome, met some amazing people.
    Will post about it soon.

But that's that! FishGibble is done and dusted. Onto the next project.... But what will it be?
  • edited
    Looks pretty awesome! I love the staying hidden mechanic. Would be very immersive in VR too.

Why not FishGibble in VR as a survival game. Grow and become a predator?
    Thanked by 1alwynd
  • I like the idea! We never considered VR for FG...
    Thanked by 1Moga
  • You can also get the Original Game Soundtrack on Bandcamp.
    https://alwyndippenaar.bandcamp.com/album/fishgibble-soundtrack
    Thanked by 1alwynd