[Event] Johannesburg Community Evening - 10 July CANCELLED

Hey Everyone,

Unfortunately due to a bunch of reasons Microsoft won't be hosting any community nights in July.

There is a bit of uncertainty with regards to hosting future events, but issues cropping up this time of year are not uncommon as it is financial year end for Microsoft.

Currently we're proceeding as we'll be back there in August, but if that is not the case then we'll look into possibilities for alternative venues.

Bests,
Julian
Thanked by 2mattbenic critic

Comments

• !!!

Awwwww D:
  • How about we organise an informal meetup? Can meet for tea/coffee/whatever with one another? Can show games of and such (people can bring their laptop or something)
  • Why not talk to the Nexus? I'm sure they'd be happy to host community nights?
  • edg3 said:
    How about we organise an informal meetup? Can meet for tea/coffee/whatever with one another? Can show games of and such (people can bring their laptop or something)
    I've organized informal meets before where I booked a table at a place for 10 people and only like 1 person showed up. So I'm not really up for doing that again. That said there is nothing from stopping someone else from organizing an informal meetup ^_^
    Bonezmann said:
    Why not talk to the Nexus? I'm sure they'd be happy to host community nights?
    My current belief is that this is just a one off. There have been some issues in July past, but none as bad as there not being a meetup. Given this trend I believe that we'll be back at MS in August. If that isn't the case then we'll look into other venues.

• I can maybe shed a little more light on 10 July at Microsoft, Bryanston. There are a bunch of internal and partner events happening that week. They probably don't have time to setup for the community night.
    Thanked by 1Karuji
  • Thanks for shedding light @Fengol ^_^

---

For everyone, just to reaffirm, we'll be back at MS in August. Looking forward to seeing you all then :D
  • edited
    Also remember Ludum Dare 42 is happening on the weekend of August 10, just ahead of the next meetup, actually! We are in the process of organising the MS venue for jamming, so keep an eye out for that!
  • @tuism can we get a thread for the next VR meetup please, maybe some folks can attend that ;)
    Thanked by 1Tuism
  • mattbenic said:
    @tuism can we get a thread for the next VR meetup please, maybe some folks can attend that ;)
    I knew I forgot something -_______-
    Thanked by 1mattbenic