[Event] Cape Town Community Night - 26 October

edited in Events
This event happens monthly, is free to attend, and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment beneath to let us know! This is for anyone and everyone interested in making games of any shape, size or type. Come join us!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

When: 18:30 until around 21:30, Last Wednesday of the month

Where: Bandwidth Barn - 68 Albert Rd, Woodstock, Cape Town, 7925

If you have a demo you want played, bring a station on which people can play it, and set it up before the meetup begins!

Agenda
- 6:30 - 7:00 - Meet and greet
- Rapid fire intros (10 min)
- Community News (5 min)

Talks - 2 x 20 min slots:
- Discussion: active inclusion and elevating voices with @Nandrew
- TBD (this could be you!)

Focused Feedback - 2 x 10 min slots
- Bree Street by @Ross
- TBD (this could be you!)

Open Demo Floor

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1624840597814778/

If you'd like to give a talk or show something to get some feedback, please post below!
Thanked by 1pieter

Comments

• So I imagine a few studios may be absent given the Paris trip...
  • Yeah, some of the regulars will be in Paris, but I believe some others like @damousey and @squidcor will be returning, and visiting internationals JW and Kitty should also be there, so all is not lost! :D

The agenda is still open, so anyone that wants to present something or show a game for feedback, this is your time to shine! :)
    Thanked by 1Squidcor
  • I would love to get some feedback on a prototype I'm building if thats cool? Its working title is Bree Street. Its barley a game but there are still a few days to go. :)
    Thanked by 2francoisvn Squidcor
  • If there's nothing else around, how about a discuss-y talk on active inclusion and elevating voices within the community? That's never a bad thing, right? :P
  • Try convince @Squidcor to talk about his experiences overseas, at Stugan, and in other communities. I've had a taste of what he's got to say, and I think he's got some valuable insights and lessons to impart. (Even if it's super informal, and obviously only if he has the time to prepare his thoughts to a level he's happy with)
    Thanked by 1Squidcor
  • Nandrew said:
    If there's nothing else around, how about a discuss-y talk on active inclusion and elevating voices within the community? That's never a bad thing, right? :P
    Yes please. Would love to hear this.
    Try convince @Squidcor to talk about his experiences overseas, at Stugan, and in other communities.
    Gah! Too late notice for this month. I would like to talk about this at some point though.
    Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood
  • Could I also have a feedback slot for Semblance?
  • @SUGBOERIE: I won't be able to make tonight so @Squidcor will be hosting the meetup. Showing Semblance should be good, it seems like the programme for tonight is still quite open, but best to check with him :)
  • SUGBOERIE said:
    Could I also have a feedback slot for Semblance?
    Yes.