[Event] rAge 2013 - Needing wireless Xbox 360 controllers

edited in Events
We desperately need your help!

We're asking for members to bring their wireless Xbox 360 controller and charger cable to rAge for us to use on the stand.

We will use cable ties like the EA stand to secure them to the PCs.

The controllers will be returned to you in the following week, ideally at the Community Night.

Comments

• Wireless controllers won't work unless you have a special wireless controller receiver for PCs :(

You need wired controllers, ideally. I can bring one from the office, but that's all we have.
  • Yeah, I just realized that. Damn it
  • How many do you need? I can try look for some.
  • Wait, is it always one wireless receiver to one controller, or are they able to receive more than one at a time?
  • You need a dongle per controller
  • Is the issue with the generic controllers that they don't support XInput? I know that's a big compatibility issue. If that's not the trouble, I've got an old DirectInput-only Logitech controller that I could bring as well. At least that'll be two :)
  • I know my game needs analog stick, so it actually needs the Xbox controller. I have a controller that's not analogue, I'll bring it and see whose game needs it.

But seriously, how many do we need? It's good to know...
  • @Fengol said:
    You need a dongle per controller
    Nope, you need 1 dongle per PC. Each can handle up to 4 wireless controllers. I'd lend you mine if I was there...
  • Is the issue with the generic controllers that they don't support XInput? I know that's a big compatibility issue. If that's not the trouble, I've got an old DirectInput-only Logitech controller that I could bring as well. At least that'll be two
    Generic controllers aren't an issue (we have zX set up to deal with them)

Just that these specific generic controllers don't really map in any recognizable manner (Pressing down on the left analogue stick has the same effect as right trigger on the 360.)
  • The 360 triggers are actually another set of axis inputs (they're floats, essentially) so some devices tend to treat them that way. I'll see if I can find a gamepad re-mapper that will work at the input level.
  • I've got 2x 360 controllers and a dongle that I can bring.
  • I'm bringing along a controller and a dongle...