Team Size: 6 humans
Jam Type: 48 hours
Team: Calvin Anderson, SashaG, Tatheon, YahshivPillay, Kenton
zip
zip
Final build.zip
20M

Comments

• Please press space bar to close the controls gui.
    Thanked by 1Kenton
  • Gave it a go.
    Took a few tries to realize that Sword is for the beast things and Axe of for resources.
    I'm not sure how to craft using the resources gathered.
    Can you post a mini tutorial on it? :)
    Love the concept.
  • Nice art style! You should really look into making a hand-drawn game at some point in the same style, it's a really fresh and interesting way of doing game art! The tiling on the floor would of course need work, but the main character and the animals were great! I also loved how the arrows went all over the place haha.
    Thanked by 1Kenton
  • I really, really, really like the the art so much! I agree with some of the other comments about the tiling, but other than that it looks awesome!

The ranged weapon was very enjoyable to use. It felt satisfying shooting things with it. I ended up dying whenever I tried to use the sword to kill things. I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong perhaps. I also couldn't figure out how to craft anything with the resources I gathered, but I had fun collecting things nonetheless.

Knowing that you guys never used Unity before the Jam, makes it all the more impressive. I think you should all be super proud of what you achieved.
  • I'm going to sound like an echo of the other comments:

I liked the art a lot! The game reminded me of Don't Starve quite a bit, especially some of the (scary) creatures. I liked the ranged weapon, which felt a bit safer and stronger than the sword. I played twice until eventually dying because I wanted to try my sword out. First time I did manage to upgrade my axe, second time I couldn't manage to get the right resources.

My suggestions: I don't know if the crafting recipes are available somewhere, but they'd be very useful <3. I'm hoping this wasn't my fault, but the game really needs sound to do the art and style justice. Hunting creatures and collecting resources would've been much more satisfying with some sound effects.

Well done though, I'll be keeping an eye out for any future updates :)
  • Amazing game guys! really dig the artwork and the character controller + shooting mechanics are really well made! hope this turns into a full time project as i feel like it has a lot of potential.
    Well done vega homies!
  • The game was cool, for me it lacked some animations which would have immersed me a little more, but the spammy crossbow was awesome and satisfying. loved the art as said above it does remind me of dont starve together. Also maybe some better design around the UI.
  • Really good concept and the art style is interesting.
    I feel the game can benefit from better UI design and a little bit more feedback to inform you of whether or not you are being damaged, dealing damage and collecting resources.
    Otherwise a really solid entry, good work.
  • Please let me know if you're based in CT, JHB or where?
  • Hi Fengol, we are from Durban